Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A. Item for sale/trade: TCE Titanium Pad Shims for ST 12.6" rotors
B. Condition: New
C. Price: $30 shipped to lower 48 states
D. Location of item: Clarksville TN
E. Picture of item:

These are $56 new on TCE's site. Asking $30 for them. Info on them from TCE's site:

Fit our Ti plates behind the stock oe pads and help control heat saturation on those long track days. Sold as an axle set, two inner, two outer they have break away tabs for those users whose pads do or do not have a piston clip.

Titanium heat shields have proven time and again to reduce heat transfer to the caiper and provide longer lasting and more stable brake fluid temperatures. These new shims are based on OE pad specs and should fit both stock and aftermarket pads with ease
Also about fitment of these specifically, PLEASE READ:
These shims will be for the stock 12.6 rotors not the 13.1 rotors. For those of you who don't know if your car is a model year 13 or a model year 14 made before 3/31/14 then you have 12.6 rotors. An easy way to tell is the size of your spare tire. If you have a 16" spare tire then you have the 12.6" rotors and these shims will work for your car if you have the 17" spare tire then you have the 13.1" diameter rotors and these will not work with your car
Originally got these from a group buy here on the site

·
Registered
358 Posts
Interesting that you mention it will only work on the 12.6" rotors. I bought a set for my car and runibg them no problen and could not find on their website that fitmen description. Also the shims are cut the same size as the brake pads and the brake pads are the same for both rotor sizes. Maybe this are from a previous design?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting that you mention it will only work on the 12.6" rotors. I bought a set for my car and runibg them no problen and could not find on their website that fitmen description. Also the shims are cut the same size as the brake pads and the brake pads are the same for both rotor sizes. Maybe this are from a previous design?

Not quite sure. You're absolutley correct in that their website currently doesn't say anything about fitment. Maybe they redesigned it at a later time to fit both rotor sizes? That fitment info I have quoted was by a member who was coordinating the group buy (see link at end of first post)... perhaps at the time he/she didn't realize it could fit on the 13.1" rotors?

I just want to be 100% transparent and let would-be buyers know exactly what they'd be buying.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Agreed. I just don't want you to limit you potential buyers. To give u an example i have a 2014 focus st. So i had the smaller rotors. But updgraded to the 2015 brakes so now i have the bigger rotors and im using the same caliper and pads and the shins work perfect with it. Here is the picture of the same caliper and pad but using the shims with the bigger rotors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts