Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE BASIC FACTS

A. Item for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.): 2012-2014 Focus (SE, Titanium, ST) Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses
B. Condition: Used in Good Condition
C. Price/What you want to trade for: $550 (shipped)
D. Location of item: Dearborn, MI

I have a pair of Schroth Quick Fit Pro 4 point harnesses for 2012-2014 Ford Focus models (SE, Titanium, ST). These are the Pro model which have a center "cam-lock" style connection which allows them to be HANS compatible as well. The driver's side harness was purchased in December 2015 and used for 2 track seasons, but remains in very good condition. The passenger side was purchased later and was used less since I only occasionally have a passenger in the car. Both harnesses were stored inside a dark bag with minimal exposure to light, to minimize degradation. I will also include some ST branded shoulder pads that I got from Amazon that help make the harness more comfortable where it passes beside your neck.

These harnesses are one of, if not the only, 4 point harnesses that are actually legal at NASA, Porsche Club, and many other track day events because they incorporate the Schroth ASM (Anti-Submarine) technology and are labeled for a specific vehicle. They are vehicle specific because Schroth independently tests the seat back strength to verify that these are safe without a harness bar. These are also DOT and FMVSS 209 legal. I used these for HPDE days and they do an amazing job of holding you securely in place so that you can focus on driving the car and not using your hands and/or legs to brace yourself when turning. I'm only selling these because I've since added a rollbar and racing seats and will be using Schroth Profii II 6 point harnesses. You can read more about these harnesses on Schroth's website. Note that since the labels on these state 2012-2014 Focus so 2015+ users may have an issue using these for certain groups. I don't believe Schroth has any option for newer vehicles, but you may be able to get a statement from them saying that these are compatible. Certainly they will bolt up with all the seat belt buckles, but the seats themselves are technically different and I'm not sure if Schroth has strength tested them.

These retail for $345 each and the non-pro versions sells for $245 each. I'm asking $550 shipped which basically gets you the Pro model for the price of a normal, non-HANS compatible set and includes harness pads as a bonus.

https://www.schrothracing.com/products/quickfit

IMG_20170731_195515035.jpg
IMG_20170731_195528960.jpg IMG_20170731_195556466.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sold to @sithlord. If you were interested in these, look for a for sale post from him in the near future for a set of regular quick fits.

Reactions: SiThlord
1 - 2 of 2 Posts