1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
THE BASIC FACTS

A. Item for sale: Eibach 35140.310 Front Sway Bar
B. Condition: New in sealed original box
C. Price: $175 or best offer shipped; Payment via Paypal; Shipping to US lower 48 only
D. Location of item: Indianapolis, IN

Sway bar is brand new in box and has not been opened. Traded my car in before I got the chance to install it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
THE BASIC FACTS

A. Item for sale: Eibach 35140.310 Front Sway Bar
B. Condition: New in sealed original box
C. Price: $175 or best offer shipped; Payment via Paypal; Shipping to US lower 48 only
D. Location of item: Indianapolis, IN

Sway bar is brand new in box and has not been opened. Traded my car in before I got the chance to install it.
I might want this, but I can't decide if I want to install the @#%#@$ thing. I already know why you didn't. :cool:
Let me chew on it tonight

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
687 Posts
these are goo
I might want this, but I can't decide if I want to install the @#%#@$ thing. I already know why you didn't. :cool:
get these as I did and pay a professional to install it :)
There is nothing wrong with pumping money back into the economy :p

Reactions: TS13FST

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not do it because it was cold outside :). I got it in December. I was planning to install in spring, but traded my Focus in for an Outback in March to have more room for my kids. To your point though, it looks like one of the more annoying installs I would have done if I had done it.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why is it an annoying install?
Install video available at:

Note the video is for Steeda's bar, but same exact install.

It is not the easiest part to get to, but is a relatively straightforward swap. Requires removal of a lot of pieces to get to it and then you have to get it out of and back into a relatively tight spot. You should also get the car aligned after installing (which is not really a pain, but is an additional thing to deal with). Certainly not the most difficult thing to install, but also not nearly as easy as a rear sway bar. I really think the natural compare between front being a more difficult install than rear is a good part of why people consider it to be annoying to install.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sale Pending

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sale fell through. This one is available again.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are these better the whiteline or the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suspension tuning is all about the balance you want. This makes a better or worse judgement completely a thing of what you want to achieve. Eibach makes a good quality part. I have heard Whiteline does as well but never owned one. I have also read that the Eibach bars are stiffer (could be good or bad depending on what you want). I was not able to confirm the Eibach front bar (what I am selling here) is stiffer due to not finding the Whiteline front bar rate.

Eibach made the Cobb bars, so any feedback you find about the Cobb bars should apply to Eibach.

Reactions: GoDSaLo

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
@GoDSaLo
Suspension tuning is all about the balance you want. This makes a better or worse judgement completely a thing of what you want to achieve. Eibach makes a good quality part. I have heard Whiteline does as well but never owned one. I have also read that the Eibach bars are stiffer (could be good or bad depending on what you want). I was not able to confirm the Eibach front bar (what I am selling here) is stiffer due to not finding the Whiteline front bar rate.
Eibach front swaybar is 27mm hollow, 285 lb/in
Stock front swaybar is 25mm hollow, 160 lb/in
Whiteline front swaybar is only 24mm solid, so on soft is likely about the same rate as the stock swaybar and relying on different arm lengths for the stiff setting. On stiff, it's not going to be as stiff as the Eibach and unlikely as stiff as the Steeda 25.4mm front swaybar (200 lb/in) as even the JBR adjustable front swaybar adds only 22 lb/in going from soft to stiff.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump

1 - 16 of 16 Posts