Ford Focus ST Forum banner

FS: Koni Rear Shocks, Custom G-Street legal DA Front Struts, Cobb 25mm RSB, Moda 17x8 Wheels

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  JMcD 
#1 · (Edited)
Update: All parts are SOLD!

Moving on from running my FoST in GS and I've returned my car to stock trim, so several aftermarket parts to sell -

All parts are located in Novi, MI (20mi outside of Detroit).

1. [SOLD] Custom double adjustable twin tube front struts, legal for SCCA G-Street Solo competition on 2014+ cars. They use Koni 8611-1257RACE strut cartridge inserts with rebound adjustment on the top and compression adjustment on the bottom. A buddy of mine did the custom machining, welding, and component fabrication to make these. The housings started as stock 2014+ struts. Springs, upper mounts, stock bumpstops, and dust covers all included. Also includes a spare strut insert that was dyno tested by Koni at Solo Nationals in 2018 and confirmed to be functional and in spec (I bought the spare used). I used this setup from 2016-2018 and removed them during the off season (winter months). Best results with them include 2nd at nationals in 2016 and 5th in 2017 (best FoST GS time on the dry day in 2018). These have a huge range of adjustment on both compression and rebound and I'll be happy to share my setting notes with the next owner of them.

The first couple seasons I had some issues with the upper aluminum nut loosening slightly, causing some clunking noises. Prior to the 2018 season, I applied blue loctite to the nut then tightened and marked the nut relative to the strut housing. It didn't back off at all over the course of the season but still made an slight pop/clunk noise while turning during low speed parking lot maneuvers (ie turning around in a driveway). I could never hear noise from them during highway driving. I'd guess that they have 20-30k miles on them over the course of 3 autocross seasons. Highway ride is stock-ish feeling as long as you turn the compression down to near the low end of adjustment (it's harsh if left cranked up).

Price: $500 - That said, I don't really know what a fair price is on these or what someone would be willing to pay. The strut inserts themselves are $350/each new. SA Koni Struts for a 2013 are $225 each. Those would take some work to make GS legal for 2014+ cars. Willing to ship at buyer's expense.

2. [SOLD] Koni Sport (Yellow) Rear Shocks - PN 8041-1409SPORT - Used for 4 seasons of autocross. Removed in the winter. Good condition. Includes upper mounts as pictured.

Price: $150 for the pair. New they are $168 each from Tire Rack. Local pickup preferred. Could ship if buyer pays shipping.

3. [SOLD] Cobb 25mm Rear Sway bar. The bar is 25mm and hollow with two adjustment positions. It comes with the bushings and brackets as shown. It is compatible with the stock end links (end links are not part of the kit).

The bar was used over the past few years in spring-fall and removed in the winter. Some chips in the powder coating and it is worn off where the bushings are, but otherwise the bar is in good shape. I personally preferred this bar over smaller sway bars.

Price: $100 (local pickup only)

4. [SOLD] Moda MD18 17x8 5x108 +48 offset wheels.

63.3mm center bore with centering rings, 72.6mm center bore without centering rings.

Wheels are in good condition with no bends or cracks. Tires held air on rims prior to being removed (no leaks). Some scratches and chips on the face of the wheel as shown in the pictures, but the wheels are otherwise in very good shape. I used these wheels for autocross on my 2014 Ford Focus ST during the spring/summer/fall months over the past 4 years with minimal street driving. Typically I cleaned the wheels after each autocross event. These would be great for daily driving, autocross/track, or winter use.

Each wheel comes with a centering ring and a center cap. Regular valve stems (not TPMS valve stems) are included with the wheels. No tires included (wheels will be bare, as pictured).

These wheels were purchased new from Tire Rack in May of 2015 for $121/wheel ($484 for the set before shipping).

Price: $300 obo (local pickup only)

If you want to buy more than 1 item, happy to discount some to save me some hassle.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Adding additional pics of the wheels.

Attachments

#3 ·
1. Custom double adjustable twin tube front struts, legal for SCCA G-Street Solo competition on 2014+ cars.
Price: $500 - That said, I don't really know what a fair price is on these or what someone would be willing to pay. The strut inserts themselves are $350/each new. SA Koni Struts for a 2013 are $225 each. Those would take some work to make GS legal for 2014+ cars. Willing to ship at buyer's expense.
Sorry I'm a little unclear here - the struts you are selling are legal, but you're saying that SA Koni Struts would take some work to make them GS legal - right?

Any idea what shipping would cost?

#4 ·
Good point. Let me clarify - I was referencing taking a 2013 Koni SA strut and making it GS legal on a 2014+ car. IE - cut/press perch off 2013 SA Koni, cut/press perch off 2014+ donor strut, machine as needed, and assemble the 2014 perch onto the 2013 strut. In hindsight, that's a simpler process than building a custom strut housing out of a 2014+ donor.

I'd guess somewhere in the $50 range to ship in the continental US. I have access to a bit of a discount, so might be a bit better. Let me know if you want a quote to your zip.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.