Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*SOLD*FS: FRPP tune kit FoST M-9603A-FSTA NIB

A. Item for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.): M-9603A-FSTA
B. Condition: New In box
C. Price/What you want to trade for: sold
D. Location of item: Wa

Selling the FRPP tune kit I bought for myself, but decided not to install. Comes with the following:
-full set of instructions I printed off the FRPP website
-FRPP snorkel
-Colder plugs
-dongle to hook up and install tune through laptop.
-K&N cone filter

All brand new items, never used. I did register the voucher # at the FRPP website to download tune but never did, buyer will get all login info which can be changed to whatever they want, not locked to anything, no vin ever entered. tune1.jpg

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
When was the last time u tried loggin in and was the map still available for download also is this tune compatible with the 2017 st? Why not installing?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When was the last time u tried loggin in and was the map still available for download also is this tune compatible with the 2017 st? Why not installing?
Logged in 3 months ago or so, map will always be available to user, and this tune is 100% compatible with 17's. Reason i chickened out is because its my daily, with 3 kids I cant be playing with my toys :\. Have to do the responsible adult thing (minus getting a minivan, NEVER).

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Like I said in the private message, ford wants to see a receipt/proof of purchase to register the product for warranty coverage and claim submissions. If you bought it new then where is the voucher or a receipt for the purchase? I need this info or I will need a refund since the tune is worthless to me if I cannot install it or be covered under warranty. Please dont let this matter escalate to where i have to get paypal involved, etc. I will contact ford performance tomorrow and ask about the voucher number that you gave me and if it is already registered to another person/VIN. If I can download the tune AND have it registered to my VIN with full FRPP warranty coverage for any claims then all is good.

You didn't mention you bought the tune from another person in your listing so I'm not sure how you even know its available for download and installation. Just because you can download the software to your computer or even the tune it doesn't mean you can use it if it is locked to another person's vin and you said you never tried to download the tune only set up an account. I'm guessing you took over someone else's account and changed the personal info like you had me do? Can you send me the actual voucher or get a receipt from the original purchase, you should have this persons info?

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
Like I said in the private message, ford wants to see a receipt/proof of purchase to register the product for warranty coverage and claim submissions. If you bought it new then where is the voucher or a receipt for the purchase? I need this info or I will need a refund since the tune is worthless to me if I cannot install it or be covered under warranty. Please dont let this matter escalate to where i have to get paypal involved, etc. I will contact ford performance tomorrow and ask about the voucher number that you gave me and if it is already registered to another person/VIN. If I can download the tune AND have it registered to my VIN with full FRPP warranty coverage for any claims then all is good.

You didn't mention you bought the tune from another person in your listing so I'm not sure how you even know its available for download and installation. Just because you can download the software to your computer or even the tune it doesn't mean you can use it if it is locked to another person's vin and you said you never tried to download the tune only set up an account. I'm guessing you took over someone else's account and changed the personal info like you had me do? Can you send me the actual voucher or get a receipt from the original purchase, you should have this persons info?
Everything alright in here? Pm's not working?

Reactions: CL8i

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Everything alright in here? Pm's not working?
Tried that route, last PM to me was "best of luck" two weeks ago .. not exactly the reply I was looking for so going public is the next step, then filing a dispute with PP would be next in line. Just trying to get some info on the situation since apparently it is quite different then how it was presented concerning the tune and registration, warranty, needing receipt, proof of purchase, etc. Would like to know if he knew this was going to be a problem before the sale and where he got it from or where it originally was purchased so I can track down the info I need. The hard parts were new in box as described and I don't think he was trying to scam me but its odd that he wasn't the original purchaser, had access to a voucher which he didn't send me and didn't have the same issues with ford racing without having a receipt or proof of purchase.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
This is part of the problem shown below, if I would need to file a claim it requires receipt / proof of purchase. Next part is I'm not even sure at this point if I can even flash the tune based on how he has responded to my request for where the tune came from, starting to think it may already be locked to someone else's VIN. Have been holding off on getting it installed until now because I had other items on my plate but since I was getting ready to have all the mountune stuff installed at the dealer i was gonna have them flash it and register everything with ford racing so I called FR about running the tune with a RS box and some download questions and they asked where I bought it etc. and I explained the deal and they asked if I had a receipt and that's what got this started with the warranty and claims and blossomed into who knows what's next.

hsiyz8.jpg

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I should add the only reason I bought this product is for the ford warranty compliance otherwise I wouldve just went the MP275 route and later done a MR300 upgrade or custom tune down the road.

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
I should add the only reason I bought this product is for the ford warranty compliance otherwise I wouldve just went the MP275 route and later done a MR300 upgrade or custom tune down the road.
Well, he hasn't been on since the 4th of oct. Odds are that he doesn't plan on resolving this.

He's a relatively new member with low post count and no feedback, and you purchased a item known to be strict on paper trail.

Sorry to say, but you may be screwed. Please leave him negative feedback.

Have you tried "paid cash lost receipt" "gift from christmas" routes with ford yet? May just save your situation.

Oh and **** frpp, imho, seen more BS then it was ever worth from them. Reading their warranty denial claims is both scary, and ridiculous.

Let's take this over to pm's from here on out. Lmk if you can work with ford.
@RMach3D , dude? Is this true?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
#1 No Vins have ever been registered to the voucher, so its a fully functioning item, not defective as described, unless he put his in, in which case it is now locked to his.
#2 I never had a receipt from when I purchased it off ebay since it was bought from another person (and not a ford authorized seller), and that is the risk I took as well as he did by buying off a forum\open marketplace. (take it as a life lesson)
#3 He paid less then half of what the tune costs and everything is BRAND NEW, and he expects all of this help in something I cant help with?
#4 Be happy you got a great deal on it, if not just resell it and move on, and buy another tune from an authorized seller.
#5 I sold the car which is why I didnt come back or install the tune, I'm not scamming anyone (sold at a loss actually).

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
#1 No Vins have ever been registered to the voucher, so its a fully functioning item, not defective as described, unless he put his in, in which case it is now locked to his.
#2 I never had a receipt from when I purchased it off ebay since it was bought from another person (and not a ford authorized seller), and that is the risk I took as well as he did by buying off a forum\open marketplace. (take it as a life lesson)
#3 He paid less then half of what the tune costs and everything is BRAND NEW, and he expects all of this help in something I cant help with?
#4 Be happy you got a great deal on it, if not just resell it and move on, and buy another tune from an authorized seller.
#5 I sold the car which is why I didnt come back or install the tune, I'm not scamming anyone (sold at a loss actually).
Thank you for coming back and replying. It's just an odd case, without proper questions or research. So it is what it is. It's not great, but it doesn't seem intentional.

Hopefully the buyer can sort it out with ford.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
The issue is not the snorkel, filter or plugs ($150) its the warranty and tune. If you knew there was a problem registering the tune then you should not have advertised as if YOU bought it new from a vendor. As for the vin being locked, how do you know if was locked or not? You have as much info as i have, an account with a voucher # and no tune downloaded. If i cant tell if its available without downloading it how can you tell? Bottom line you dont know. If you bought it new from ford then you would know but since you are only going off what an ebay seller told you then you dont know. I hope its there and half off a worthless tune is not worth anything other than the snorkel, filter (already have 2) and plugs or ~$150. No AP, no warranty and a ots tune for another $150 no thanks.

Please provide the ebay seller info and i will inquire with him, thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts