Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE BASIC FACTS

Item for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.): ABS plastic RS-Style Hood Vents with templates
Condition: New In box, Used, Good, Fair, Dented, etc. New
Price/What you want to trade for: $50.00 shipped-lower 48 only
Location of item: Manchester VT
Picture of item for sale or for trade must contain sheet of paper with the following on it:

I have a set of ABS plastic RS-Style Hood Vents that I had shipped-in from England. These are molded from 3mm virgin ABS plastic. The have never been installed, but I did scuff them with Scotchbrite to prep them for paint.
Also including side-specific templates (the undersides are not 100% symmetrical, the top sides are symmetrical). Paint them up, apply some 3M tape, cut your hood, and stuff them in the holes.
Not a job for the faint of heart, but definitely worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or Best Offer

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify: I made up two templates, one for each vent, just so the holes would be as tight as possible. The template that these came with were just too sloppy for my liking, so I made my own. The vents will fit fine, and will look completely symmetrical when mounted in the hood, it's just that the mounting holes are slightly different sizes; the finished vent installation will cover up any variance in the cut-out size.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish I had the balls to install these.

Sent from my SM
It's just metal--at least that's what I've finally convinced myself. I actually ordered 2 sets of vents, from 2 different suppliers; I'll be installing mine next weekend if the weather is decent.
I spent some time last week eyeballing and measuring the hood, top and bottom, made some drawings with measurements, etc. I've been contemplating this since I got the car 3-1/2 years ago, so...the time is now!

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine are from a different supplier. I'm not trying to rip anyone off--just looking to recoup what I have invested in them.

Reactions: builtboosted

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'd be interested if I had another hood to cut into instead of the one on my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Measure twice, measure twice, then measure twice again, cut once.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to the top

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK--let me know.
Add will be marked "SOLD" when they are sold.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sale Pending

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sold!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts