Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All piping is 2.5", 16 gauge t304 stainless steel. Prices shown are shipped, will sell much cheaper picked up, or multiple items shipped together

Item for sale: Magnaflow 4" round muffler #10416 SOLD
Mag10416.jpg

Item for sale: Squirrely 3' Straight Pipe (2 available)
SOLD
--
Item for sale: Squirrely 1' Straight Pipe
SOLD
straightpipes.jpg

Item for sale: 90 degree mandrel bend, with one 5" leg and one 6" leg
SOLD
90.jpg

Item for sale: Ultra tight 90 degree mandrel bend with 6" legs
SOLD
---
Item for sale: Ultra tight 180 degree mandrel bend (Vibrant 2684)
SOLD
---
Item for sale: Cedarstone Industries Tee Pipe
SOLD
axlback3.jpg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This is the axle-back I had envisioned for the last 3 parts, the two ultra tight bends and the tee pipe. The muffler I have mocked up here is Magnaflow #14263, which is an 18" long 5x8 oval... you could just as easily go with a 5" round 14" long muffler like Magnaflow #12866... Borla and Flowmaster make some universal mufflers too if you prefer those. Would work with any tips you like, including the stock tip. I was going to use these https://www.ebay.com/itm/JST139K-PA...ash=item25c8f13e9c:g:okgAAOSwa0VaIJ8H&vxp=mtr and they also come in silver https://www.ebay.com/itm/JST139-PAI...ash=item2a4cc29bc6:g:IzAAAOSwWHBaIcdp&vxp=mtr

axl.jpg

In my adventures with custom exhaust I've learned a few things. One is: figure out the axle-back first, and the rest is easy. If you do most of the work in the axle-back section, I've found there to be less drone and more importantly it leaves you with a blank canvas in the midpipe and pre-axle sections to add other components down the line (Vibrant Ultra-Quiet Resonator #1141 for example... one of my favorite pieces).

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Interested in the muffler. I'd really been eyeballing the 6" round muffler (#12616), but I've heard the 4" is a little more aggressive.

PM sent.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Interested in the muffler. I'd really been eyeballing the 6" round muffler (#12616), but I've heard the 4" is a little more aggressive.

PM sent.
It will definitely be very aggressive with a 4" muffler alone. My recommendation would be to mount it in the axleback section like this, so you have space for more mufflers in the midpipe/ pre-axle sections should you decide to tone it down down the road. I would cut you a hell of a deal shipping all those parts together. Let me know what you think.

axleback.jpg

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I was thinking about eliminating the muffler and replacing the resonator with the Magnaflow muffler - think it'd be too much?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was thinking about eliminating the muffler and replacing the resonator with the Magnaflow muffler - think it'd be too much?
It would be too much for me, but I like really quiet exhausts. That's a popular route, most people put the round Magnaflow mufflers in the midpipe (where the stock resonator was). I've just found, in my 2 years or so of custom exhaust adventures (I've had 6 variations), that it's better to start at the axle-back to leave yourself with more options down the road (24" of straight pipe in the midpipe and 14" before the rear axle leaves a lot of options).

But you may very well be happy with the 4" magnaflow in the midpipe and a muffler delete, so options down the road wouldn't be a problem for you.

If you want to go that route, I can give you a deal on the 1' of straight pipe and the 90 degree mandrel bend you'll need for the muffler delete too. Just let me know what you want.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
are all the tubing 2.5"?

If they are 3" i would be interested in acouple

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are all the tubing 2.5"?

If they are 3" i would be interested in acouple
All parts are 2.5", 16 gauge t304 stainless steel.

Personally I think 3" is overkill unless you're pushing 450whp... that said I bought a used JDL 3" cat-back, which is why I'm selling off all this stuff I had saved up.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Looking for 3 inch so I'm out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts