Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THE BASIC FACTS

A. Item for sale(model, specs, etc.): 2017 Focus ST3
B. Condition: Used, 9k miles
C. Price: $21.5k OBO
D. Location of item: Omaha, NE

Link to journal: https://www.focusst.org/threads/barons-17-fost3-journal.154203/

Reluctantly, I am putting my like-new 2017 Focus ST3 with 9k miles up for sale, but am in no rush to sell. Miles may go up slowly until car is sold. I bought it new in October 2017 from a local dealer. It was my DD from then to June 2018, so it has only seen one winter and during that time I put on most of the miles it has. Since then, it has been garage kept and hasn't even seen rain. I take OCD-level care of my cars and it shows; after the one winter, I hand-cleaned the entire underside of the car. The inside even still has the new car smell.

I have all documents, service records, and warranty paperwork. I have all original parts that I took off the car and they will come with the sale. It currently has the factory warranty and a 6 year warranty from the dealer and a service contract as well, with which it has been serviced with Ford full synthetic 5W-30 oil exclusively. I have Blackstone oil analysis documents as well.

The car has had the evap purge/fuel tank recall performed by the local dealer I bought the car from and it passed the testing, not requiring any replacements, just a control module reflash.

The car has a loan on it and upon sale, we will get the necessary documents, warranty, service contract and the title transferred to the new owner. Only fair offers will be entertained; if you have a habit of lowballing, don't bother. Not interested in trades.

Unfortunately in December 2017, it was involved in a fender bender, but it was all insured and repaired professionally at a well-known certified local collision center. In April 2019 after installing the exhaust, the car lurched off my Race Ramps and fell a few inches, but the foam ramps absorbed the fall. The rear bumper cover, side skirts and TRC skirts were damaged and replaced, through the same collision center as the prior incident. There was no frame damage from either incident and you can't even tell anything ever happened. The work and parts have warranties on them.

Here is the mod list:
Engine
  • Cobb rear motor mount - uninstalled, will come with sale
  • Symposer delete
Exhaust
  • Cobb CBE
  • Cobb exhaust hangers
Suspension/Handling/Chassis and Settings
  • H&R Sport lowering springs - F/R - uninstalled, will come with sale
Wheels/Tires/Brakes
  • Motegi MR137s 18x8.5 +45 - matte black - ceramic coated
  • Original option wheels come with sale