Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

A colleague of mine built this custom 2008 Ford Focus “Design Tech 40” inspired by the original 1968 Le Mans GT40, for the television show Car Wars in 2007. The Focus has 80 miles on it and some damage as it was hauled across country for the show. Attached are pictures of the build list and current condition of the car.

Link to article/more pictures: https://www.pasmag.com/features/vehicle-features/auto-focus-design-tech-2008-ford-focus-ses

We are located in Orangeburg, NY 10962.

Asking $6,000 obo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not gonna lie, I like it. Any idea what it cost to do all this? If I could, I'd buy it just cause its so unique and you'll never see another one like it. It looks very well done!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Those aren't reverse scoops, they're ducting. Instead of the air passing through the radiator into the engine compartment where swirls around in a turbulent mess before it finds its way out one way or another like most cars, the faster air moving over the hood assists drawing out the lower energy hotter air that's passed through the radiator in a more controlled manner (less turbulent), increasing cooling efficiency and reducing drag and front-end lift as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not gonna lie, I like it. Any idea what it cost to do all this? If I could, I'd buy it just cause its so unique and you'll never see another one like it. It looks very well done!
The car was 18k, around 30k in parts and materials, roughly 12k in labor.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The car was 18k, around 30k in parts and materials, roughly 12k in labor.

Damn! 60k :O thats crazy haha

·
Registered
339 Posts
Man I really wish I could come look at it ;( how bad is the damage and how much work would you say it needs? is it road legal?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It needs a defouler for sure. Front bumper needs re done and driver rear fender has a scuff, needs to be hogged out and re filled. Paint on a couple wheels is peeling, no damage tho. Everything else is gravy. We just put 4 new injectors, spark plugs and a fuel filter.

·
Registered
815 Posts
So let me get this straight, it's a stock focus motor, flowing a t3/t4 turbo setup and a sheet metal intake? How much oil does this burn? How's it tuned? Is it tuned at all? Or is it somehow running off wastegate pressure? But what about fuel, it must be running so lean, with all the air the turbo adds what's telling the ecu to add fuel?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So let me get this straight, it's a stock focus motor, flowing a t3/t4 turbo setup and a sheet metal intake? How much oil does this burn? How's it tuned? Is it tuned at all? Or is it somehow running off wastegate pressure? But what about fuel, it must be running so lean, with all the air the turbo adds what's telling the ecu to add fuel?
Serious inquiries only.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I mean to be serious, don't ya think someone would want to know those answers, cause I don't see anything about those things on the sale sheet? If I was to drop the money I'd want to know those things. The very least does it consume oil, and tuned? But I hear ya serious inquiries.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts