Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track last night for the first time in the ST (mods in sig) and ran a best of 14.9 at 99 with a 2.5 60ft lol back to back same thing. tried using launch control and clutch started to slip so decided against that.

My friend was there with his 335xi auto with jb4 intake and race pipe and I ran his car 1 pass to 13.3 at 103.

Did a data logging pull on the highway and we were dead even in 4th. Very annoying, just wanted to vent.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yes, if set up properly, AWD has a HUGE advantage over FWD in a drag race. That's why I always remind myself that the ST was not built for straight lines, especially from a dig.

Reactions: willfromfreeport

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea once I put my downpipe sitting in my garage and get a custom tune for e30 I will drag him down the highway, just have to make sure we don't get caught at a light :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Utter BS as usual around here. You are at a disadvantage using street tires on a FWD car doing just about anything; live with that and look for cures.

I will say it again, I use slicks; this car has only seen street tires on the street. I have not made ONE pass on my Eagle F1's and I see no point in proving that it will run X on them, I don't care.

Times in my Sig, it ran 13.4 in 90 degree heat. 13.5 @101.96 would be much quicker if I had taken some air out of the slicks.

E40 tune. WMI is not being used currently but it runs roughly the same with a 50/50 mix. Stock from Air Box to Exhaust tips, unless you count a K&N filter and Mobil One in the oil pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts