Ford Focus ST Forum banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm getting the FRPP tune and plug installed at Tasca Ford tomorrow, I'll report back with my impressions. :banana:

Edit: looks like they won't get the kit in until next week....

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have had the frpp tune and plugs for a week now. It has been cold here 16°f right now. The car idles smoother and runs smoothly throughout the Rev range. It pulls hard. I still haven't been able to get a good 2nd gear pull since it just rips the tires free. Will have to wait until summer for that, however 3rd and 4th will make you smile. Hang on to the wheel tight!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have had the frpp tune and plugs for a week now. It has been cold here 16°f right now. The car idles smoother and runs smoothly throughout the Rev range. It pulls hard. I still haven't been able to get a good 2nd gear pull since it just rips the tires free. Will have to wait until summer for that, however 3rd and 4th will make you smile. Hang on to the wheel tight!
Mine still does that at 90 degrees in 2nd. Foot control is going to be your new best friend in 1st and 2nd lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got mine installed today... couldn't agree more with the above posts. Going to bring some new life into the morning commutes... :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I finally got my tune and plugs installed yesterday and I'm loving it. The car really rips now, it solved what seemed to me like the soft spots in the low and mid-range. Now when you punch it it just leaps forward (or loses traction). I don't mind that it's mainly all torque gains, I think it will suit the type of driving that I do very well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure if anyone has seen this or has already been posted, but it looks like there are gains to be had by adding an aftermarket FMIC to the FRPP kit:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not sure if anyone has seen this or has already been posted, but it looks like there are gains to be had by adding an aftermarket FMIC to the FRPP kit:
Very interesting, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow. The frpp kit will be going on my car this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can we have a 1/4 mile or a 0-60 result with the frpp tune?? What is the power made by this tune?? I saw a lot of dyno results but concretly on the road what is it like?? Can we compare it to Cobb tune and if yes what stage??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Lol interooler.
But those results seem pretty exciting to me, can't wait to put my new FMIC on with the FR tune and see how it does myself!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Do we need to flash back to stock with ProCal from the FRPP before flashing with the ap3?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Would have been nice to see them start at the same RPM for the pulls. Compared to stock they started later and then even later with the IC. I saw more torque the later the run was started also:

Looks like there's less than half a PSI of pressure drop compared to the stock intercooler...not bad right!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Would have been nice to see them start at the same RPM for the pulls. Compared to stock they started later and then even later with the IC. I saw more torque the later the run was started also: Looks like there's less than half a PSI of pressure drop compared to the stock intercooler...not bad right!? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know which intercooler they used??

Edit: CPE never mind! And that's with the largest intercooler out! A milder sized intercooler might have even less pressure drop?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Eager to test it out with the Mountune FMIC 😀

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quick question about the ProCal tool. I just installed the tune last night, and I've noticed inside the tool's settings an option Record Log (or something similar): On
Does that mean we can record engine parameters with it?

161 - 180 of 215 Posts