Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are in 2017 the next part of the build is going to happen and I have some questions I was hoping some of you could help with.

Im looking to buy the Ford Racing Performance head with individual exhaust ports and will be going with a custom sidewinder manifold as part of my turbo kit build. I need to know what exactly comes with the head and what exactly doesnt come with it so I could purchase accordingly.

Also, I dont want a cam that is going to leave all the power up top and need one that isnt so aggressive so I still keep a healthy wide powerband. Any suggestions??

Example of the type of manifold that will be built....
honda-acura-k-series-twinscroll-turbo-manifold-content-9.jpg

Tuning will be done by Bryan @JST :in love:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ive been waiting for someone to try this since they released that head. Please keep us updated with your build.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been waiting for someone to try this since they released that head. Please keep us updated with your build.
Will do :) gonna take a few months tho.... Still putting the parts list together for the head

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Now that we are in 2017 the next part of the build is going to happen and I have some questions I was hoping some of you could help with.

Im looking to buy the Ford Racing Performance head with individual exhaust ports and will be going with a custom sidewinder manifold as part of my turbo kit build. I need to know what exactly comes with the head and what exactly doesnt come with it so I could purchase accordingly.
Cylinder head for the 2.0L EcoBoost engine as used in the European market
Features individual exhaust ports
Intended for higher horsepower custom engine builds
Head comes assembled with valves and springs
Intake Valve Size 32.5mm
Exhaust Valve size 28mm (2.3L = 30mm)
Combustion chamber size – 42.2cc nominal
No camshaft or roller followers included
Production intake from all 2.0L and 2.3L engines will fit
Requires custom exhaust manifold
Designed with direct injection fuel system features
Uses 2.0L EU head gasket (AG9Z-6051-A)

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6049-20EBIP

The head comes complete less camshafts and head gasket.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cylinder head for the 2.0L EcoBoost engine as used in the European market
Features individual exhaust ports
Intended for higher horsepower custom engine builds
Head comes assembled with valves and springs
Intake Valve Size 32.5mm
Exhaust Valve size 28mm (2.3L = 30mm)
Combustion chamber size – 42.2cc nominal
No camshaft or roller followers included
Production intake from all 2.0L and 2.3L engines will fit
Requires custom exhaust manifold
Designed with direct injection fuel system features
Uses 2.0L EU head gasket (AG9Z-6051-A)

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6049-20EBIP

The head comes complete less camshafts and head gasket.
Thank you!! I dont know anything about the size of the intale and exhaust valves but I take it those sizes will work. Any suggestions on a decent cam?

·
Registered
78 Posts
anyone know if you can just swap the cams etc from the stock head? im assuming you can and this would be bolt on besides the exhaust manifold

·
Registered
272 Posts
anyone know if you can just swap the cams etc from the stock head? im assuming you can and this would be bolt on besides the exhaust manifold
Im wondering this too. I wonder how much this head will effect turbo spool.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shouldnt be a problem, but I know stock 2.0L cams are maxed out and I would prefer a large powerband.
Im wondering this too. I wonder how much this head will effect turbo spool.
Should flow much better Im assuming because of the 2.3L valves that could be paired with a decent cam and free-er flowing turbo set up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Following! couple buddies always talk about doing this. Interested to see what you find out! Good luck with your build!:big smile:

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Shouldnt be a problem, but I know stock 2.0L cams are maxed out and I would prefer a large powerband.

Should flow much better Im assuming because of the 2.3L valves that could be paired with a decent cam and free-er flowing turbo set up.
Not sure what you mean by the head being paired with the 2.3L valves, it was mentioned that the exhaust valve is 2 mm in diameter smaller on this 2.0L cylinder head than that of the 2.3L. This was given in reference to the downsizing that a 2.3L owner would face to get away from the integrated exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
272 Posts

Better as in quicker spool with larger turbos? I want to run this same setup down the line but i'm pretty inexperienced with anything beyond basic bolt-ons, so I'm wondering what else would be needed besides the head and manifold to mate this with something like a gtx2867r. How would it change the position of the turbo, etc.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This will cost a lot of money to get no more gain than a good set up on the headifold
The headifold makes our cars sound like poop though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey man, I was looking at going this path, problem is we don't know any specs on the new head, flow amount or if it's going to be any better flowing, just that his has individual exhaust ports, speed performance has done tons of testing, kudos to them, and they say they can get over 500hp on the stock head with porting done. I'm going this way, stock head major porting since it has very very poor flow angles, and I've bought a set of mountune stage 2 "fast" cams, these cams are the same as what speed performance sells and they are made by piper from the uk as said above. My build is planning to be done for beginning of April. Maybe you will be ready by then or done already haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey man, I was looking at going this path, problem is we don't know any specs on the new head, flow amount or if it's going to be any better flowing, just that his has individual exhaust ports, speed performance has done tons of testing, kudos to them, and they say they can get over 500hp on the stock head with porting done. I'm going this way, stock head major porting since it has very very poor flow angles, and I've bought a set of mountune stage 2 "fast" cams, these cams are the same as what speed performance sells and they are made by piper from the uk as said above. My build is planning to be done for beginning of April. Maybe you will be ready by then or done already haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but Im doing it because I'd love this car with a external gate and have a sidewinder manifold. Im going to go with the Mountune V3 cams paired with the FRPP head. Going to call them tonight and see if I can talk to someone for more info before I order. As long as I could maintain the broad power band and make around 550whp Im happy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Agreed, but Im doing it because I'd love this car with a external gate and have a sidewinder manifold. Im going to go with the Mountune V3 cams paired with the FRPP head. Going to call them tonight and see if I can talk to someone for more info before I order. As long as I could maintain the broad power band and make around 550whp Im happy.
Please do hood exit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts