Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
558 Posts

It's an automatic Irish ST...ter

And now ladies and gentlemen, I present you Mr. Conway Twitty.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Yeah, ST-line...
I saw a fiesta st line once. It was before I realized they existed. Did my usual pull and wave and wondered why the guy didn't respond. Also wondered why I couldn't hear the car. Then I saw the badge and was upset I'd wasted gas and energy on this dude.

Did the US ever get a Focus ST-line?

·
Administrator
12,193 Posts
I saw a fiesta st line once. It was before I realized they existed. Did my usual pull and wave and wondered why the guy didn't respond. Also wondered why I couldn't hear the car. Then I saw the badge and was upset I'd wasted gas and energy on this dude.

Did the US ever get a Focus ST-line?
\No we didnt, but people "made" them. Yeah the Fiesta ST line makes me a sad panda.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm thinking this guy got it in his head somehow that all Focus Hatchbacks were called STs. Probably didn't come on here to intentionally deceive anyone. He's probably realized the truth now and is too embarrassed to come back on and concede the reality.

·
Administrator
12,193 Posts
I'm thinking this guy got it in his head somehow that all Focus Hatchbacks were called STs. Probably didn't come on here to intentionally deceive anyone.
Quite possibly, but this entire situation is being handled, semi-poorly by most parties involved. SO I'm here to watch it burn.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Pokey v2.0 Alert

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Quite possibly, but this entire situation is being handled, semi-poorly by most parties involved. SO I'm here to watch it burn.
Hey, I at least tried to be civil. I was genuinely curious if he'd managed an automatic ST and would've called it cool if he'd proven he had. Hell, I'd consider the picture of the Guage cluster and shifter in a single photo proof enough. Maybe add the steering wheel in the picture, since it has the ST badging.

·
Administrator
12,193 Posts
Hey, I at least tried to be civil. I was genuinely curious if he'd managed an automatic ST and would've called it cool if he'd proven he had. Hell, I'd consider the picture of the Guage cluster and shifter in a single photo proof enough. Maybe add the steering wheel in the picture, since it has the ST badging.
Yeah yeah yeah...

Tell it to the judge!

Oh wait, you are.

My ruling is, that this is a small waste bin thats starting to smoulder. One day it may become the dumpster fire that I'm looking for.

I have yet to see a 2.0 Ecoboost ST that was auto swapped. I also feel like throwing up,just thinking that somebody would do that to an ST. Unless that person is handicapped, thats the only pass, and I'd totally be cool with that. Going out their way to have a ST to drive. Thats an enthusiast right there!!

Reactions: ryno9100

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm just going to assume its one of these until proven otherwise:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm just going to assume its one of these until proven otherwise:
View attachment 392722

I think I feel bad about this activity.

Makes me want to pull my ST badge off and install the Ecoboost badge that I got at my local salvage yard. Still accurate right?

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
475 Posts

·
Administrator
12,193 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST with 52k miles, automatic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
No disrespect either, but I'm trying to solve a wheel bearing issue not post pictures of my car
Besides, my intuition tells me that all you wanted to do was check out the cockpit/console area to see if I knew what I was talking about. right RIGHT.
When I get in my ST...I automatically start shifting.
Maybe it's a custom, customer ordered unit. Kind of like when I custom ordered my 2005 PT Cruiser. The dealership presented every option available during the process.

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
Maybe it's a custom, customer ordered unit. Kind of like when I custom ordered my 2005 PT Cruiser. The dealership presented every option available during the process.
Not really interested in an arguement here, but the ST was a limited production model with an extremely limited choice of options mostly relegated to the ST1, ST2 or ST3 packages, but an automatic transmission was never an option on any ST configuration sold in North America or anywhere else on the planet until 2019 when Ford stopped manufacturing and selling cars (except for the Mustang) in North America and released the Mk4 ST for sale to the rest of the world. The Mk4 is fact offered with an automatic.

Carry on.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Besides, my intuition tells me that all you wanted to do was check out the cockpit/console area to see if I knew what I was talking about. right RIGHT.
No, I'm not here to say you're an idiot or don't know what you're talking about. I'm just genuinely curious about an automatic ST, and I'm now unsure why that's difficult to believe. That said, my apologies for derailing the thread here. If you're interested in sharing the cool toy with the group, please make a new thread with pictures! I'd love to see them (and no, that wasn't sarcasm...).

I will not now stop commenting on the automatic ST and let the thread fall back to the wheel bearing issue, which I'm ill-equipped to discuss. :)

EDIT: Mispelled now as not, which totally changed the context of that sentence. My bad.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pretty simple, if your car doesn't have these 3 gauges.....it's not an ST;

Obviously, you know it's not a real ST or you would just say, "yes".

·
Registered
628 Posts
Seriously, if you have time to post in other threads you should be able to update this one; Right?

Let's have some feedback about your specific vehicle. I know I'm not the only one who's curious about the 1 and only 'automatic ST'. 😲

·
Registered
444 Posts
I can't remember, was Ford allowed to resell all those Focuses with the defective automatic transmissions that they had to "Buy Back"?

Jul 20, 2020 · Total transmission failure was not unheard of with his model as well. Driver's experience this at under 65,000 miles Ford Focus Transmission Lawsuit The 2012 to 2016 model years of the focus had a dual-clutch automatic transmission that became the subject of a class action lawsuit as well as a number of individual lawsuits.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm thinking the salesman not only convinced Waggs that he was buying an ST, but the salesman didn't disclose to him he was buying a "BuyBack" car with a defective transmission.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts