Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST with 52k miles, automatic
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Because the Focus ST was only sold in manual in the states. The US MK3 (our cars) were never even offered from factory with automatics.
The impact caused the first failure. Have you diagnosed That the second failure is in fact the same bearing?
Same bearing, ALL 4 were inspected and the ONLY BAD ONE WAS THE ONE IN QUESTION.
Fortunately all that was destroyed were the tire and the wheel/rim. And like I "ANSWERED YOU"

Thank you

Would you like to see a picture of the console area. I mean heck I'm 60 years old and been driving for 45+ years and I have the uncanny ability to differentiate between manual and automation transmissions, + I believe that I would have noticed the EXTRA pedal, right, LOL.
Vehicle Details

Maybe he didn't mean to type that in?
Oh I 100% definitely meant to type that because that's what it is...a 2016 blue Ford Focus ST, "Automatic" transmission. It is what it is... right.

Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
Fortunately all that was destroyed were the tire and the wheel/rim. And like I "ANSWERED YOU"

Thank you

Would you like to see a picture of the console area. I mean heck I'm 60 years old and been driving for 45+ years and I have the uncanny ability to differentiate between manual and automation transmissions, + I believe that I would have noticed the EXTRA pedal, right, LOL.
No disrespect intended, but folks might actually appreciate seeing a few pics of your ride, including dash/console/shifter and the front. 馃檪

Premium Member
No disrespect intended, but folks might actually appreciate seeing a few pics of your ride, including dash/console/shifter and the front. 馃檪
Yeah....since it could very well be the only MK3 automatic ST in the US!!

Pretty exciting stuff!!

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

Registered
Oh I 100% definitely meant to type that because that's what it is...a 2016 blue Ford Focus ST, "Automatic" transmission. It is what it is... right.
This is not possible. Are you certain it's an 'ST'? Could be an 'SE' perhaps... If you in fact own the ST trim, you also have clutch, unless it was modified by a previous owner or shop. Are you aware of such a major conversion taking place?

...Back to the wheel bearing, the video could help you help those trying to help here. If you watch it and can recognize any of the positions that are not to spec; it would pay for itself in terms of time (yours and theirs). You're getting a lot of very experienced help here, so it is only fair you reciprocate such good intentions by answering the questions that ask for details.

Registered
I feel an 'OH, My bad!' coming on... 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Premium Member

Thank you

I don't doubt that you know what an automatic looks like. It's just a unicorn. Lol. Like I said, the ST was only sold in Manual in the states, which means you probably bought a car someone slapped an auto in after the fact. Or, you have a standard focus with ST badging, but I doubt you wouldn't have noticed the power difference and the extra gauges either, so I'm going with theory #1. Lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No disrespect either, but I'm trying to solve a wheel bearing issue not post pictures of my car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I don't doubt that you know what an automatic looks like. It's just a unicorn. Lol. Like I said, the ST was only sold in Manual in the states, which means you probably bought a car someone slapped an auto in after the fact. Or, you have a standard focus with ST badging, but I doubt you wouldn't have noticed the power difference and the extra gauges either, so I'm going with theory #1. Lol.
Hey my friend. This car has a 2nd owner and it's me. It was a trade back to the original dealer/salesman who in turn sold the original owner a new car. My car is not a chop shop POS so keep your opinion to yourself. To each his own

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey my friend. This car has a 2nd owner and it's me. It was a trade back to the original dealer/salesman who in turn sold the original owner a new car. My car is not a chop shop POS so keep your opinion to yourself. To each his own
Besides what qualifies you to be sooo sure?

Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
If you have the whole front of the car jacked up, you can use a pry bar and old lug nuts on the opposite side to keep the wheel from turning while proper torque is applied to the axle nut.

Premium Member
I never said it was a chop shop special or called it a POS, man... No need to be defensive. I'm just saying it's unique and theorizing on how it came to exist. I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that no one else on this site owns an Automatic ST.

Reactions: W4R and Chris L.

Premium Member
Guy comes on enthusiast website saying he has a unicorn, roughs up a bunch of respected regulars who鈥檙e trying to help and then said guy complains about people wanting to see pictures of the unicorn and not focusing on his wheel bearing issue.

This car sounds so freakin鈥 unique, it may not even need wheel bearings. Have you considered that?

I think this unicorn is trying to puke out the poisonous wheel bearings but you keep feeding it those gawd-awful things!!

Don鈥檛 you realize your car is trying to tell you it doesn鈥檛 need them? You鈥檙e feeding that unicorn poison man!!

Reactions: W4R

Premium Member
Guy comes on enthusiast website saying he has a unicorn, roughs up a bunch of respected regulars who鈥檙e trying to help and then said guy complains about people wanting to see pictures of the unicorn and not focusing on his wheel bearing issue.

This car sounds so freakin鈥 unique, it may not even need wheel bearings. Have you considered that?

I think this unicorn is trying to puke out the poisonous wheel bearings but you keep feeding it those gawd-awful things!!

Don鈥檛 you realize your car is trying to tell you it doesn鈥檛 need them? You鈥檙e feeding that unicorn poison man!!
I'm not attributing any motive here. Probably just used to people online beings jerks, because people online are usually jerks. This forum is an exception to that rule.

I do kinda wanna see pics though. Not cause I don't believe Waggs, but because it's unique and I would actually find it pretty cool.

Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
Besides what qualifies you to be sooo sure?
This question wasn't addressed to me, but the answer is easy to provide. If your car was originally sold in North America and it's an ST, then it was equipped by Ford at the factory with a 6-speed manual transmission. We're sure of this because Ford said so.

In the extremely unlikely event that you have a 2.0L turbocharged ST equipped with an automatic transmission by Michigan Assembly Plant (the facility in Wayne,MI that made all of the ST's sold in North America) then it's one of a kind and may be worth considerable money now and in the future!

I hope you get your bearing issue fixed. I also hope you post pictures of this car because this enthusiast very much would like to see your car.

Registered
Does anyone know what the front end ground clearance difference is between a Focus ST with an automatic transmission vs a Focus ST with a 6 speed manual? Will either car scrape rolling over a speed bump or steep driveway? Thanks!

Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
No disrespect either, but I'm trying to solve a wheel bearing issue not post pictures of my car
Between post number 15 and post number 18 you got your solution.

Now that's out of the way, you either own a car with an automatic transmission that is NOT an ST, or you own an ST thats NOT an automatic. I've personally seen a base model focus running around where someone thought they were cute and put ST badges on it. That does not mean its an ST. I feel like you fall into this category.

Premium Member
...I've personally seen a base model focus running around where someone thought they were cute and put ST badges on it. That does not mean its an ST. I feel like you fall into this category.
We鈥檒l never see pictures proving it one way or the other. I suspect it would be too big of a pill for Waggs to swallow.

It鈥檚 astounding that s/he takes such offense to folks being skeptical that s/he owns the only automatic MK3 ST in North America.

I find it quite offensive and very out of sort when new members get aggressive with long time, respected members who are diplomatically trying to help them with their issue.

Reactions: W4R and TurboGT

Registered
I never said it was a chop shop special or called it a POS, man... No need to be defensive. I'm just saying it's unique and theorizing on how it came to exist. I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that no one else on this site owns an Automatic ST.
When I get in my ST...I automatically start shifting.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts