Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to replace my driver's front wheel bearing at 93,000 miles. I'm not complaining, as my car sees the occasional HPDE track day, and most tracks are mostly right turns. And our 18 wheels and sticky tires add load, so this was not unexpected.

I'm just curious if others have had the same usage and replacement?

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
323 Posts
impressed you got that much out of them with track time. Ford oem bearings typically have a plastic cage, and they suck hard. they require periodic re packing and reseating/preloading.

Reactions: jack0852

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I replaced both my fronts at around 45k..More so because I was swapping in longer wheel studs and wasnt going to grind my knuckle to facilitate that, so i had to pull the hubs and destroyed the original bearings doing so. Now my ball joints and tie rods (inner/outer) those all were sloppy and got replaced

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Only thing I replaced was a passenger rear.
Chilling at 125k both fronts are OEM original. Surprised they've lasted this long with my driving.

Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
56k and mine seem to be fine. Had some stupid things like the restrictor in the the clutch line fail, a couple of busted mounts, as well as some nasty turd buildup on the intake valves which is to be expected...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts