Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to this community and just bought a 2016 gray (magnetic metallic I think?) ST3. Problem is, there is no ST badge on the front bumper. It has the ST plastic molding in the bumper but no actual badge. The car was in an accident and the bumper was something that was replaced, and was actually replaced with a Euro model bumper for some reason lol. Attached is a picture of what it looks like right now. I was looking at these badges but in the description it says they're vinyl decals. I'm not opposed to replacing the rear badge as well, I'm actually considering going with a blue badge to match better with the gray.

0010.jpg

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just got back from Octane Academy so have a new set I’ll be installing in a couple weeks.

PM me if you’re interested in the ones I remove.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Look at velossa tech they have badges. I got my blue ones on eBay but watch out there is one that has double stick tape and one that has screws. Both about 4 dollars from China

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I pointed that out in the OP lol. Car has a rebuilt title and I've seen pictures of damage before repair. Bumper was something that was replaced and noticed yesterday that the bumper was the Euro spec bumper. I'll probably get a custom Euro style plate to fill the gap and give me a vanity plate option (Ohio doubles your registration fees if you have a vanity plate). And thanks for the link, I'll definitely keep this saved.

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
Yeah I pointed that out in the OP lol. Car has a rebuilt title and I've seen pictures of damage before repair. Bumper was something that was replaced and noticed yesterday that the bumper was the Euro spec bumper. I'll probably get a custom Euro style plate to fill the gap and give me a vanity plate option (Ohio doubles your registration fees if you have a vanity plate). And thanks for the link, I'll definitely keep this saved.
Edited our post, don't know how we missed that, sorry. lol

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'll probably get a custom Euro style plate to fill the gap and give me a vanity plate option (Ohio doubles your registration fees if you have a vanity plate).
I though Ohio required you to have a rear AND front license plate?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I though Ohio required you to have a rear AND front license plate?

They do. But I've ran my current car with no front plate due to it not having a bracket or holes (car is from Michigan where its not required) with no issues. I think that has to do with Cincinnati being so close to Indiana and Kentucky, both states where a front plate isn't required.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live in Toledo which is basically MI and I have never had a front license on any of my vehicles in the 10 years I've lived here. I have never been pulled over for it. There are so many MI drivers in Toledo, so I think they don't bother to enforce it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same with down here in Cincy. So many Indiana and Kentucky drivers that its not really enforced. Though there was that U.C. police shooting that happened after the guy was pulled for no front plate.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
My only question is what repair shop is so retarded as to put the wrong bumper on the car lol.
Rhetorical.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
My only question is what repair shop is so retarded as to put the wrong bumper on the car lol.
Rhetorical.
Or more important, order the bumper from a different continent... Hell I'm surprised Ford even had some over here in the first place.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update for anyone following the thread, got the car earlier this evening and the badge has been put on the car so I no longer need to worry about that. Thanks everyone who gave links/info to get a badge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts