Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the new hid bulbs in, and was wondering if there should be bulbs in the top corner of the headlight. 194 or 2827? They were missing. Put a 2827 in and the bulb didn't light up
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I have never checked or noticed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I asked this on my local page a few months back and people acted like I was nuts.. They were convinced those were just reflectors until I posted a picture of one side lighting up and one side dead. I sold that car so I never found the answer. GL!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
@Diode Dynamics y'all don't make a replacement for this to know what bulb it is do you? I can't find the damn thing lol I tried looking for this months ago

·
Supporting Vendor
540 Posts
@Diode Dynamics y'all don't make a replacement for this to know what bulb it is do you? I can't find the damn thing lol I tried looking for this months ago
Most sidemarker lights are a 194, but it is possible they aren't meant to illuminate. It may be due to the fact that the Focus ST has bulbs in the mirrors as well.

Nick C.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Most sidemarker lights are a 194, but it is possible they aren't meant to illuminate. It may be due to the fact that the Focus ST has bulbs in the mirrors as well.

Nick C.
Awesome, thanks Nick!

OP, I guess since it's cheap maybe try a little 194 and see what that does...but it IS still a reflector so even without illumination it serves it's purpose without the bulb.

·
Supporting Vendor
540 Posts
Awesome, thanks Nick!

OP, I guess since it's cheap maybe try a little 194 and see what that does...but it IS still a reflector so even without illumination it serves it's purpose without the bulb.
It wouldn't be too hard to power that socket if it's not receiving power, but it's probably not worth the effort IMO. Especially if you don't feel comfortable wiring.

Nick C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.