Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,993 Posts
I'm using Craig's Custom Mustang bracket for the Focus ST. I mounted mine to the slats if front of the intercooler off to the passanger side of the car. For auto x and car show I can pop the slats out and fully open up the intercooler.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1025737

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm also using one of Craig's mounts, but stock as delivered. It fits nicely towards the passenger side of my ST, it stays on well, feels well made and arrived very quickly after ordering. Need to pick your model year when ordering, fyi. No holes in my bumper or having a plate blocking most of the grille, which is just what I wanted. It slides into some square type slots already under there and just requires flexing the fascia a bit to get it in. Perhaps it blocks a bit of air to the intercooler but I've noticed no difference at all in temps nor in performance. Lastly, have drawn zero attention from police for having it pretty low to the ground.

Ford Focus ST | Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm also using one of Craig's mounts, but stock as delivered. It fits nicely towards the passenger side of my ST, it stays on well, feels well made and arrived very quickly after ordering. Need to pick your model year when ordering, fyi. No holes in my bumper or having a plate blocking most of the grille, which is just what I wanted. It slides into some square type slots already under there and just requires flexing the fascia a bit to get it in. Perhaps it blocks a bit of air to the intercooler but I've noticed no difference at all in temps nor in performance. Lastly, have drawn zero attention from police for having it pretty low to the ground.

Thanks! Is this a US product in american prices?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looking for a front license plate mount that allows me to move my license plate off of the grill to somewhere lower....anybody know of any? On ebay, amazon etc.. ?
I used the license plate frame that came from the dealership to hold my plate almost off the grill. I fastened the frame to the lower right grill with wire ty-wraps, put the plate in with the plate screws and left the front of the frame off. I only used the rear of the frame because I don't like free advertising and hate the dealership. It's very secure and doesn't take away the aesthetics of the grill. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used the license plate frame that came from the dealership to hold my plate almost off the grill. I fastened the frame to the lower right grill with wire ty-wraps, put the plate in with the plate screws and left the front of the frame off. I only used the rear of the frame because I don't like free advertising and hate the dealership. It's very secure and doesn't take away the aesthetics of the grill. I'll post pics later.
Thanks I'd love to see how you did it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
None of the wraps can be seen because the plate goes over them. There are 4 holes in the frame so I used 1 tie wrap for each.
awesome thanks for the post! Im gonna go grab some stainless steel tie wraps today and try it out!
I used these. Try to get ones that are a little thicker.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
How has this method been working for you guys? Seems great. I'm trying to put mine in this position, but if I get a stonsho or Craig's mount I'm worried about a parallel parking tap. Extra rubber tape on the rails and back of the plate might help, but your method here seems like it could check all the boxes.

·
Registered
5 Posts

3 years later, how's Craig's mount working out for you? Any miserable cops bust you for the plate not being at least 12 inches off the ground? What about bumper taps from parking, does the plate / bracket get pushed into your bumper and leave any scratches? thx!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.