Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So these hinges are from a 2013 FoST, Obviously there was a recall I believe last year or so? These hinges were attached to the car for about 3k miles taken off and thrown into a box and sat. Today I took them out to check em and didn't realize the cracking until now.
So far its just the one that's received the damage(either over time, or happened when it was attached to the car), the other behind it seems fine.
Is this just bad material?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
So these hinges are from a 2013 FoST, Obviously there was a recall I believe last year or so? These hinges were attached to the car for about 3k miles taken off and thrown into a box and sat. Today I took them out to check em and didn't realize the cracking until now.
So far its just the one that's received the damage(either over time, or happened when it was attached to the car), the other behind it seems fine.
Is this just bad material?
It's not the hinges that are the problem it's the latches. I have that on mine also.

·
Super Moderator
9,492 Posts
Is that the hinge or the stop that prevents the door from swinging open too far? My drivers door has a crack in the limiting gizmo.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Maybe a bit clearer.
That's the plastic covering...not the metal underneath. The plastic cracks all the time. Mine is cracked also...it's just black plastic over the metal to make it look prettier.

·
Super Moderator
9,492 Posts
Do you forsee any issues with the part failing if kept on the car?
According to @brian60 it is a plastic cover that has cracked; I really never looked all that close because I see it occasionally when getting in the car and forget to look at it closely when I get out...

Reactions: brian60 and elyk864
1 - 10 of 10 Posts