Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I painted my calipers and during the process I lost the caliper supporting clip.
Problem is that I cant find the PN or the part on sale in any website.

This is the one I lost: (metallic piece)
Caliper.jpg

The PN and replacement part that ford provides is the 2B486, however it seems to be completely different and I dont see how it matches the original part.

RenderIllustration.jpg

Anyone knows if these parts can be replaced? Is this a new PN that ford is using know? is anyone using it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
371 Posts
2B486 is the rear clip. I have been into Ford asking about buying new front ones and they said they would be able to have them in a couple days. I say stop into your local dealer and ask them about ordering you a set!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The local dealer is giving me that PN.
And using the system in fordparts.com says thats the FRONT part.

I need the right PN so I can purchase at the dealer, but I cant find it anywhere.

Regards,

·
Registered
371 Posts
The local dealer is giving me that PN.
And using the system in fordparts.com says thats the FRONT part.

I need the right PN so I can purchase at the dealer, but I cant find it anywhere.

Regards,
Maybe it is the correct number and part but they just never created a diagram showing that exact one

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tasca gives the PN as CV6Z-2B486-A, same for left and right. Some other websites also list that PN. That is for a 2016, I would double check if your car is a 2013 or early 2014.

Forgot to add the fordparts site isn't the best to use. If I plan on ordering from the dealer I will use a different site for the PN and then give that to the dealer. For stuff that changes per model year make sure you clarify what year your car is. I have gotten burned before by not doing that.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Did you end up getting this from the dealer? Get the correct PN?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Tasca gives the PN as CV6Z-2B486-A, same for left and right. Some other websites also list that PN. That is for a 2016, I would double check if your car is a 2013 or early 2014.

Forgot to add the fordparts site isn't the best to use. If I plan on ordering from the dealer I will use a different site for the PN and then give that to the dealer. For stuff that changes per model year make sure you clarify what year your car is. I have gotten burned before by not doing that.
White Bear Lake Autonation for my 2013 ST also gives CV6Z-2B486-A as the left and right part number for the front brakes' pad clip. The diagram show a spring wire, which is wrong, but what I have on my 2013 matches the OP's red caliper photo exactly. Well... except for the oxidation. And the brake dust... And the road salt...

It's part numbered 13 in the diagram:
FRONT BRAKES for 2013 Ford Focus

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I found the small piece!! It has stuck between the rotor and the shield.

However I already had ordered the 2B486. I paid for it but have been lazy to pick it up to see if it matches or not.

I will let you now as soon as I have the piece.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
White Bear Lake Autonation for my 2013 ST also gives CV6Z-2B486-A as the left and right part number for the front brakes' pad clip. The diagram show a spring wire, which is wrong, but what I have on my 2013 matches the OP's red caliper photo exactly. Well... except for the oxidation. And the brake dust... And the road salt...

It's part numbered 13 in the diagram:
FRONT BRAKES for 2013 Ford Focus

Hope that helps,
Mark
Ordered this part number and it's correct. Thanks!

Reactions: LMStone510
1 - 9 of 9 Posts