Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the right spot, but I have a 2016 St 3 that's less then a month old. I was backed into in a parking lot tearing the front bumper off doing a lot of damage. My question can you order an OEM factory painted bumper to replace it? Or do they have to be painted by the body shop?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pretty sure it needs to be painted. I just went through this with mine. I unfortunately hit a dog in my 15 and had to get it replaced and they didn't come painted. I ended up putting an rs bumper on mine and I think it looks way better. I like the rs bumper way more than the st.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, it will have to be painted. It's best to paint parts for your specific car anyway, as opposed to buying pre-painted. The finish could easily get damaged in shipping and there's no guarantee it'll match.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Pretty sure it needs to be painted. I just went through this with mine. I unfortunately hit a dog in my 15 and had to get it replaced and they didn't come painted. I ended up putting an rs bumper on mine and I think it looks way better. I like the rs bumper way more than the st.
Do this! ^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts