Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got under the car to do my oil this weekend and found the front axel seal on the passenger side seeping quite a bit. Is this worth bringing into the dealer to get fixed? Urgent? Covered by warranty maybe? I'm not the most knowledgeable car guy but have been learning since I got this car. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MVIMG_20171022_135616.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do you have alot of vibrations while driving? I would bring it in if you still have a warranty!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Potholes have not been kind to me this year and it has been riding a bit bumpier than normal, wouldn't says its been worse vibration wise worse though. I am at 46,000 mi so powertrain warranty should still be in effect. Might as well make that appointment, just curious if i can hold off another few weeks to better fit my schedule really.

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
Potholes have not been kind to me this year and it has been riding a bit bumpier than normal, wouldn't says its been worse vibration wise worse though. I am at 46,000 mi so powertrain warranty should still be in effect. Might as well make that appointment, just curious if i can hold off another few weeks to better fit my schedule really.
Looks like a pretty minor leak; should not be a problem to wait a bit.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Covered 100% at the dealer. They even let me test out a 2015 Performance Pack 5.0 while I was waiting. Too bad winter is coming...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts