Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Wife just got a job in Renton, WA and we will be making the 33 hours trip from Austin, Tx up that by by the end of the month. I have come into a predicament recently and wanted some help from my soon to be locals. Austin, TX requires Emissions, which I can not pass currently due to the Cobb DP on my car. I looked it up and from what I found online King County in WA, does not require emissions. Can someone help me out to confirm this?

I am trying to get the car registered in FL for the time being, since it keeps failing, to give me a few extra months for an Accessport, Strat ReFlash and a used stock DP (only if needed up there).

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Man that seems like a headache. We use to have emissions here in FL. Thank God they did away with that stuff

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
I can confirm no emissions in WA on a 2009 or newer vehicle. Welcome to town.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll back Go Kart's statement. Certain counties (Including King) have Emissions requirements, but they are only for older vehicles. You're good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thank you guys. The dealership I purchased from in FL, wont refile the paperwork for WA, even though the sales tax is less. I was told it was too much work to do that....which I could careless about them doing that, when they knew I was coming from Texas and should know what the hell they are selling. So, I am trying to get them to inspect it for FL with a family members address and just waiting to hear back on it.

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
328 Posts
Hey Guys,

Wife just got a job in Renton, WA and we will be making the 33 hours trip from Austin, Tx up that by by the end of the month. I have come into a predicament recently and wanted some help from my soon to be locals. Austin, TX requires Emissions, which I can not pass currently due to the Cobb DP on my car. I looked it up and from what I found online King County in WA, does not require emissions. Can someone help me out to confirm this?

I am trying to get the car registered in FL for the time being, since it keeps failing, to give me a few extra months for an Accessport, Strat ReFlash and a used stock DP (only if needed up there).

Thanks guys!
not sure about King County by Kitsap County has no emissions at all, can go strait piped here with no problems, cops don't give a **** either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WELCOME TO THE GNW (great northwest :p)
Parts of Snohomish county have testing, parts don't. Where I live, we have to be tested every other year. On older cars, unless they're really old, then they dont' need to be tested either.
For 2018 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 need to be tested.

BTW Traffic sucks in Renton, so bring your patience! Come to think of it, it sucks where I live too. I'm 40miles north of Renton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts