Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2014 Fiesta ST back in May of 2014 & unfortunately was involved in a crash back in November last year. All was fixed and it drove just fine, but having had frame and suspension damage it was always eating at the back of my mind. Fast forward to this month where I walked into my dealership with a 2014 Performance Blue Fiesta ST and left with a 2017 Magnetic Metallic Focus ST1. Figured I'd make this planning out my build! Probably won't be doing any engine mods for awhile - already faster than my last car and gonna wait for warranty to get closer to ending.

5e914cd836f18a6d6ba13ac05f713b1b.jpg

First things first is basic stuff:
1. Tint - still not totally sure what % I want.
2. Weathertech Window Deflectors
3. Weathertech Floor Liners - F/R/T
4. Rally Armor Flaps
5. Stubby Antenna

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reserved.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reserved 2.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Bought a 2014 Fiesta ST back in May of 2014 & unfortunately was involved in a crash back in November last year. All was fixed and it drove just fine, but having had frame and suspension damage it was always eating at the back of my mind. Fast forward to this month where I walked into my dealership with a 2014 Performance Blue Fiesta ST and left with a 2017 Magnetic Metallic Focus ST1. Figured I'd make this planning out my build! Probably won't be doing any engine mods for awhile - already faster than my last car and gonna wait for warranty to get closer to ending.

View attachment 223465

First things first is basic stuff:
1. Tint - still not totally sure what % I want.
2. Weathertech Window Deflectors
3. Weathertech Floor Liners - F/R/T
4. Rally Armor Flaps
5. Stubby Antenna
Nice upgrade! This is the color I would have gone with had I not gone with the Kona blue. I personally love the Performance blue but it was unavailable for the 2016.

I would suggest checking out the Husky floor mats as they cover a little better (cover the entire dead pedal). Guys seems to like them more than the Weathertech mats. Have the Rally Armour mud flaps (not for looks but for function) and I really do like them and the looks have grown on me. Also love the stubby antennae. I purchased a shark fin antennae as well but it is much larger than I expected so I stuck with the stubby antennae. I never listen to the radio anyways as I always listen to MP3's on a thumb drive so I couldn't say anything about the reception.

Reactions: Krymshot

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice upgrade! This is the color I would have gone with had I not gone with the Kona blue. I personally love the Performance blue but it was unavailable for the 2016.

I would suggest checking out the Husky floor mats as they cover a little better (cover the entire dead pedal). Guys seems to like them more than the Weathertech mats. Have the Rally Armour mud flaps (not for looks but for function) and I really do like them and the looks have grown on me. Also love the stubby antennae. I purchased a shark fin antennae as well but it is much larger than I expected so I stuck with the stubby antennae. I never listen to the radio anyways as I always listen to MP3's on a thumb drive so I couldn't say anything about the reception.
Yes I love PB - but when looking at a new FiST or FoST I really loved the MM.

Will do! I've just previously had Weatertechs before and enjoyed them. Yeah, after tint because AZ is already getting hot I'm getting the flaps - a bunch of roads in my area are getting redone so I want to avoid getting as much gunk on the car as possible haha. As for the antenna, it's mainly just looks and it'll be ready when I get the wing risers!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have an aluminum dead pedal so i'd have to make cutouts regardless.

I don't recommend the Visors. Worse fitment than my AVS, and i had to make small cuts in the weather stripping just to fit em in the rear.

I think the Wellvisors are the best.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an aluminum dead pedal so i'd have to make cutouts regardless.

I don't recommend the Visors. Worse fitment than my AVS, and i had to make small cuts in the weather stripping just to fit em in the rear.

I think the Wellvisors are the best.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Dang. I'll take a look at the Wellvisors then. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
20171119_164931_HDR.jpg

Realized I am terrible at updating my build lol.

Got some Konig Hypergrams back on November 8th; and just ordered some ISC N1 coilovers last night.

Once coilovers get installed, up next is going to be Depo 3.5" FMIC (Maybe 5.5"), Depo catted DP and VelossaTech snorkel.

Reactions: freakin_elrod

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Ooooooh, the Hypergrams are on my list as well! Can you take a few more pics of them installed?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What was it like going from the fiesta to the focus? Biggest differences you notice having owned both. Anything you like better or feel are worse with the focus?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ooooooh, the Hypergrams are on my list as well! Can you take a few more pics of them installed?
I can do that; what kind of shots would you want of them?

What was it like going from the fiesta to the focus? Biggest differences you notice having owned both. Anything you like better or feel are worse with the focus?
Both feel similar really. The Focus is a lot more comfortable mainly just due to cabin size for me as a daily and seems to ride smoother. Day to day driving the Focus is a bit more fun just because it is the quicker car. The Fiesta was just a little more fun on canyon roads but just barely - it handled slightly better but the Focus I found has a nice ability to let the rear end go just a little. For overall though, I prefer the Focus just due to size. Definitely love both though. I was actually looking at getting another Fiesta ST in place of the old one. But the dealer only had ones with Recaro's which I do not fit in. So an ST1 Focus ended up being cheaper anyways.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
A lot of people like the FiST but I could honestly never own one...it's ugly and so small. The Focus is small enough as it is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I realize I am terrible at updating this build thread lol, installed some ISC N1 coiloivers; pictures are coming soon.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well damn, I'm finally updating this with some pictures after coilover install. Only other thing I've done since are some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 installed last week.

20180113_163211_HDR.jpg
20180113_163043_HDR.jpg
20180113_163247_HDR.jpg
20180113_163954_HDR.jpg
20180113_164940_HDR.jpg

And Depo 5.5" FMIC, AF Dynamic Intake and a Turbosmart 50/50 BOV will be going on tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts