Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I just recently let go of my 07 Civic Si sedan and got a 2017 ST. I've been waiting over a year for the right moment to get an ST and after hearing that my AC on my civic was out and costs me $1500+ to repair I couldn't wait any longer. I love the ST a lot and can't wait to play with it. I already know what the first thing I wasn't to upgrade and want to hear suggestions if you have any. The shifter on the ST is either in a higher position or longer than the civic. I want to shorten it, what product do y'all recommend?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Like the title says, I just recently let go of my 07 Civic Si sedan and got a 2017 ST. I've been waiting over a year for the right moment to get an ST and after hearing that my AC on my civic was out and costs me $1500+ to repair I couldn't wait any longer. I love the ST a lot and can't wait to play with it. I already know what the first thing I wasn't to upgrade and want to hear suggestions if you have any. The shifter on the ST is either in a higher position or longer than the civic. I want to shorten it, what product do y'all recommend?
Shift arm will shorten the throw. Easy to install too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,866 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Pretty much any question you have, is just a search away. We have a site specific google search bar at the bottom center, and next to the crappy regular site search. It's the way to go.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...t-your-st-shift-better-st-shifter-thread.html

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome. I also just sold my civic and bought a FoST. Of course civic was a 94 with no ac and power steering but was turboed. I wanted a fast and comfortable car and that why i got the FoST.

The shifter throw in the focus is really long especially if you were use to a short throw shifter in a civic. The shift arm is easy to install right on to the arm on the trans and will shorten it up. You can also get a shifter for inside the car along with solid shifter bushings. All of those are on my list.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Reactions: fordboi415

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
highly recommend the Ford Performance Short Shift... and the Mountune shift arm (yes both together). worth the extra cost and I wish I would have done it as my first mod. honestly has made the biggest difference in the cars overall drive-ability. Not having to row a boat to get from gear to gear is amazing!

The Honda SI will likely always have a better shift feel.. My honda shifted so good and had thousands and thousands of miles on it

·
Registered
730 Posts
Had an 06 FG2 and not only was that car a blast for my first manual but I've never driven another car with a better shift feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad you could join us. I installed the Steeda short thro on my 2013 ST3. I chose it b/c it has 3 levels of adjustment. I would also recommend a rear stabilizer bar...EZ replacement.....good luck.....like the previous posters mentioned click on a shifter thread for more info....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts