Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we have had a bit of snow here in the Portland, OR area lately. Nothing major, but it only take about a half inch for everything to grind to a halt. So we just hunkered down to keep the idiot drivers away from us. Unfortunately, they still found my car....

IMG_20161217_131358413_HDR.jpg IMG_20161217_131350599_HDR.jpg

I didn't notice it until I had driven it and the snow melted away, but if the wheel was roted corretly, you can see when they hit the bumper and wheel, jacking them both up pretty good. It's not serious damage, car is still driveable, but I need to trade this car in for something bigger soon, so now I have to come up with my insurance deductible (which I'll get some of that reimbursed later since I have uninsured driver coverage). Terrible timing! Christmas, plus I have a baby on the way (hence why I need a bigger vehicle), so money is already tight, and if I don't fix this, the trade-in value will take a huge hit. So to whoever hit my car and didn't leave info, go pound sand up your pee-hole.:mad:

·
Registered
100 Posts
So, we have had a bit of snow here in the Portland, OR area lately. Nothing major, but it only take about a half inch for everything to grind to a halt. So we just hunkered down to keep the idiot drivers away from us. Unfortunately, they still found my car....

View attachment 190338 View attachment 190346

I didn't notice it until I had driven it and the snow melted away, but if the wheel was roted corretly, you can see when they hit the bumper and wheel, jacking them both up pretty good. It's not serious damage, car is still driveable, but I need to trade this car in for something bigger soon, so now I have to come up with my insurance deductible (which I'll get some of that reimbursed later since I have uninsured driver coverage). Terrible timing! Christmas, plus I have a baby on the way (hence why I need a bigger vehicle), so money is already tight, and if I don't fix this, the trade-in value will take a huge hit. So to whoever hit my car and didn't leave info, go pound sand up your pee-hole.:mad:
I feel your pain. A-holes are everywhere. Someone ko'd the rear of mine in less than a year's ownership to the tune of about $3000, had to claim on uninsured motorists too.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
That sucks man... I to have been fighting this lovely weather we are having as well. these cars are to much fun in this! but I fear other people. I have seen about 4 different wrecks in the past few days.

I curbed a wheel but it isn't bad and I can buff it out and paint it. went sliding and thought I missed the curb but didn't :disappointed:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel your pain. A-holes are everywhere. Someone ko'd the rear of mine in less than a year's ownership to the tune of about $3000, had to claim on uninsured motorists too.
So glad everyone follows the rules and drive with insurance and leaves notes. SMDH....

That sucks man... I to have been fighting this lovely weather we are having as well. these cars are to much fun in this! but I fear other people. I have seen about 4 different wrecks in the past few days.

I curbed a wheel but it isn't bad and I can buff it out and paint it. went sliding and thought I missed the curb but didn't :disappointed:
For the snowflake wheels, damage doesn't make them look any worse to me, lol! If I had the money (and was going to keep the car more than another month or two), I'd use this opportunity to get new wheels.

I think my car is cursed.:sad: I've only had it about 3-1/2 years, and this will be the third time it's been in the body shop. And before you say I should drive better, none of the damage was my fault, and except for the time I got rear-ended, I wasn't even in the car when it happened. First time was some big scratches on the door by the dealership while it was getting an oil change and ECU reflash recall done, and this happened while it was parked. At least the door scratches and rear-end damage didn't cost me anything out of pocket!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
well we got a really good group of local ST guys that love these cars... some a little to much but it's great and I have meet a lot of really great people because of this car.

If you do keep it you should come out to an event some time or one of the drives we go on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Same here. First one was first week of ownership, dingbat dinged me in the ATM line when her foot slipped because she was more concerned with her iPhone (about $500). Then the parking lot bandit backed into the rear of it. Last one was running over something in the road late one night, took out everything in the front (shutter to cooling fans, upper core support, front fascia, etc). That was about $5000. Luckily, I did the repairs myself under insurance at work, did some money/part management & had some left over to put a FRPP exhaust on it. :wink:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had more damage on my last car and the dealer said if I fixed it I may get an extra $500 in trade and not much more. Also had paint peeling off the trunk lid. Dealer actually said not to do it. My dad works for them and I got D plan pricing so I went with it. Point is it may cost more to fix and insurance premiums than they will give you for a 3 year old car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts