Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey all

Thanks yeh i just set the monitor of oct adj stat and it moved to 0/1 after a bit of load but the Oct adjust lrn still at 0.00/0.00 not moving at all, have emailed Freektune see whats happening, all my previous tunes always would start at -0
50 and go pretty quickly to -1.00 also done ecu reset and kam reset still the same, possibly something was left out in map not sure thanks again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Anyone else have had the same issue with the oct adjst lrn not moving at all on Accessport just sitting at 0.00/0.00 its never happened with any other tune maps i have had on the car, the other monitors of Oct Adjust axis and stat ones moving around a bit but not the lrn monitor??? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update, definately something wrong in the freektune map i received, just switched back to stratified map and OAR close to -1.00 after a few pulls and loading in 4th gear its sitting at - 0.86 already, hopefully can have this sorted have sent email Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sratified map OAR back to -1.00 didnt take long at all a few loaded pulls and some boost, waiting for reply from Freektune to see what was going on the map Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update still waiting to hear back from Freektune, how long to they take to get back to you?? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got a reply email from Justin, he said he doesn't use the OAR on the tune map? But they request the OAR as one of the parameters in data logging?? Dont all tuners use the OAR when tuning? Thanke

·
Super Moderator
7,731 Posts
Got a reply email from Justin, he said he doesn't use the OAR on the tune map? But they request the OAR as one of the parameters in data logging?? Dont all tuners use the OAR when tuning? Thanke

Lmao!

Its not necessary, the car will advance timing as necessary, and retard as knocks are heard. So OAR is more of a "field modification" the car is going to use, not something the tuner needs. It allows you to run crappier gas and not blow your engine. Like if you are doing a roadtrip and have some sketchy petrol.

This all makes sense. Sorry this drove you crazy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Lmao!

Its not necessary, the car will advance timing as necessary, and retard as knocks are heard. So OAR is more of a "field modification" the car is going to use, not something the tuner needs. It allows you to run crappier gas and not blow your engine. Like if you are doing a roadtrip and have some sketchy petrol.

This all makes sense. Sorry this drove you crazy.
Hey Deuce

Thanks for that mate much appreciated, yeh was just so used to monitoring Oar when loading a new map, but all good wont worry about it now, will just get out and do some logs lol yep true if it knocks it will pull timing either way with or without the Oar Thanks again hope you and family are having a great Christmas and wish you Happy New year

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
So what I'm getting is he doesnt use the OAR in OTS+ tunes but if your buying the protune he does. Cause that's the only thing that would make sense seeing as how many people on here have said they have Freeks tunes loaded and their OAR adjusts accordingly I'd imagine they have full pro tunes not just the basic OTS+ maps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So what I'm getting is he doesnt use the OAR in OTS+ tunes but if your buying the protune he does. Cause that's the only thing that would make sense seeing as how many people on here have said they have Freeks tunes loaded and their OAR adjusts accordingly I'd imagine they have full pro tunes not just the basic OTS+ maps.
Hey yeh thats interesting, not sure why the OAR seriously wouldnt be used in all Freektunes be it OTS + or Custom? From my knwoledge since i got the Cobb AP all forums pages i have looked at have always mentioned OAR in there tunes and logs, from lots of different tuners, bad thing is if you have knock and pulling timing negative ignition corrections you cant even monitor your OAR how do you know its from the fuel you put in it? Usually in past on Cobb and Stratified Tunes it would make it up to -1.00 after loading map and driving for a bit but the freektune OAR doesnt even move at all, if i have put a ****ty tank of gas in the past the stratified tune OAR would fluctuate a bit then i know its the gas, how can i tell with the Freektune? And one of the logging parameters requested to set up is the actual OAR ?? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hopefully someone can chime in on here that has a Freektune OTS + tune and let me know about the OAR on AP? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,731 Posts
Hey yeh thats interesting, not sure why the OAR seriously wouldnt be used in all Freektunes be it OTS + or Custom? From my knwoledge since i got the Cobb AP all forums pages i have looked at have always mentioned OAR in there tunes and logs, from lots of different tuners, bad thing is if you have knock and pulling timing negative ignition corrections you cant even monitor your OAR how do you know its from the fuel you put in it? Usually in past on Cobb and Stratified Tunes it would make it up to -1.00 after loading map and driving for a bit but the freektune OAR doesnt even move at all, if i have put a ****ty tank of gas in the past the stratified tune OAR would fluctuate a bit then i know its the gas, how can i tell with the Freektune? And one of the logging parameters requested to set up is the actual OAR ?? Thanks

It sounds like he doesnt use it on his tuning maps, but uses it on his final maps. Well, for his OTS+ anyway. You are on a tuning map still.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It sounds like he doesnt use it on his tuning maps, but uses it on his final maps. Well, for his OTS+ anyway. You are on a tuning map still.
Hey yeh i am still on tuning map, waiting for the right time to do the Wot logs as Christmas period here in Aus cops everywhere double points off your license for speeding, drinking etc and big $$$ fines will wait a bit and then do logs, yeh maybe he might put the OAR in after any revisions, will see, I did see a post somewhere of someone who had the Freektune map and said drove 400 miles and the OAR didnt even move, funny thing is once logs are sent, OAR is one the parameters requested for data logging, how can that be when it wouldnt even show anything only 0.00/0.00 Thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
What I would say in your next email, is can he incorporate OAR that way you can monitor gas quality and where your getting gas as to places you should just stay away from and places that are suitable for what your looking for, that's all I could say. I know with my maps, Purple Drank tuned, they all use OAR. Lemme check with a friend I believe he is freektuned and I'll see what he says.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
What I would say in your next email, is can he incorporate OAR that way you can monitor gas quality and where your getting gas as to places you should just stay away from and places that are suitable for what your looking for, that's all I could say. I know with my maps, Purple Drank tuned, they all use OAR. Lemme check with a friend I believe he is freektuned and I'll see what he says.
Hey thanks yeh if you could check with your friend with freektune map see what he says about the OAR and please let me know much appreciated, and then will go from there Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey mate, were you able to get in contact with your friend with the Freektune to see what he says about the OAR? Thanks again much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I have the full custom tune from Justin. When I loaded in the first map I couldn't get the OAR off of 0.00. I read through various threads saying to put the car into 5th and do a pull at 5-10psi for 7-10 sec. At first this didn't work then I topped off the tank with some new fuel and within the ride home I was able to get the OAR all the way to -1.00. Keep at it and keep us posted. On the next revision of your tune ask Justin to fully explain the OAR situation.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey, I have the full custom tune from Justin. When I loaded in the first map I couldn't get the OAR off of 0.00. I read through various threads saying to put the car into 5th and do a pull at 5-10psi for 7-10 sec. At first this didn't work then I topped off the tank with some new fuel and within the ride home I was able to get the OAR all the way to -1.00. Keep at it and keep us posted. On the next revision of your tune ask Justin to fully explain the OAR situation.
Hey mate, thanks for that actually received an email back from Freektune and was told the OAR isnt used in his tunes, i just have the OTS Plus map maybe the custom tunes the Oar is actually incorporated into the maps , might try what you said see if it does anything but as mentioned he said oar not used in my ots plus map thanks again much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
7,731 Posts
Hey mate, thanks for that actually received an email back from Freektune and was told the OAR isnt used in his tunes, i just have the OTS Plus map maybe the custom tunes the Oar is actually incorporated into the maps , might try what you said see if it does anything but as mentioned he said oar not used in my ots plus map thanks again much appreciated

Are you on the revision?

I was under the impression that he doesn't use OAR on his base tuning maps, but incorporates it into the final maps. So you want have it, until you are done being tweaked.

I have had OAR on his OTS plus in the past, but this is like 6 years ago at this point.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Are you on the revision?

I was under the impression that he doesn't use OAR on his base tuning maps, but incorporates it into the final maps. So you want have it, until you are done being tweaked.

I have had OAR on his OTS plus in the past, but this is like 6 years ago at this point.
Hey Deuce

, yeh havent sent in logs for revise as yet, but did receive and email from Justin letting me know that OAR isn't used in his tunes, i suppose it may not be used in the OTS + tunes? Or is only used once have received the revised map Thanks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts