Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I need help guys & gals.
I just received my Freektune map with LC at 2500 on map slot2, slot1 is no LC.
only problem is that i don't know how to use it?? I've already flashed my ECU, i waited those 15 sec with the car off
then i started my car rev'd it and nothing? Is there something else that i have to do besides just flashing my ECU to set it up?

I've searched & could not find any answers.
Some help would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I need help guys & gals.
I just received my Freektune map with LC at 2500 on map slot2, slot1 is no LC.
only problem is that i don't know how to use it?? I've already flashed my ECU, i waited those 15 sec with the car off
then i started my car rev'd it and nothing? Is there something else that i have to do besides just flashing my ECU to set it up?

I've searched & could not find any answers.
Some help would be great.

Thanks.
Make sure your car is in slot2. Be in either sport mode or off (I think this is required). Then you need to clutch all the way and floor the gas (WOT) and be under 5mph. That should do it.

·
Registered
816 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
blip the throttle a little bit, like just barely. Then put the peddle all the way to the floor fast and make sure clutch is pushed in all the way

·
Registered
150 Posts
Slot 1 and Slot 2 are different "maps" on your single file tune. This gives you the option to switch on the fly to different settings or gas configurations. To do so:
1. make sure cruise control is off, hit the OFF button
2. hit the RES button, your rpm ticker should rapidly move to whatever slot you are on. If it moves to 2, then you are on slot 2, if it moves to 1, then you are on slot 1
3. Use the + and - buttons to change slots. Hit the RES button, then + or -. Your rpm ticker should move accordingly. 1 up or down. Keep hitting the + or - till you are where you want to be.
4. Get into Slot 2
5. Put clutch all the way in, then floor gas, it should hold you at 2.5k RPM.

If your car revs past that, something isn't right with your tune or user error. Get off the gas quickly if it goes beyond 2.5k else you might rev to infinity and check engine light

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have custom Freektune stage 3 i shift always at 5k -5500k rpms but when I shift at 5rpms the rpm redlined then the next gear kicks in. Is that normal ???

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I have custom Freektune stage 3 i shift always at 5k -5500k rpms but when I shift at 5rpms the rpm redlined then the next gear kicks in. Is that normal ???

Sounds like you don't have flat foot shifting enabled.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts

Sounds like you don't have flat foot shifting enabled.
And if you aren't trying to Flat Foot Shift, then you are hitting the clutch too soon before you get your foot off the gas.

·
Registered
91 Posts

If your not bouncing it off the rev limiter every shift even during normal driving then your doing it wrong...

·
Registered
91 Posts
How do you enable it

Its enabled by the tuner.... seriously though if you are hitting redline AFTER clutching, come off the gas earlier. FF shifting allows you to keep your right foot planted while shifting

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Its enabled by the tuner.... seriously though if you are hitting redline AFTER clutching, come off the gas earlier. FF shifting allows you to keep your right foot planted while shifting
If you get a tune from most companies (Stratified for example, who I have) they set you at a certain RPM (Stratified uses I believe 5k but it might be 5.5k) where if you leave your accelerator completely floored shift at 5.5-6k (Don't go above 6k in this car...we make no power up there above that and you'll get SLOWER times) when you press the clutch in the car automatically brings RPM back to 5k and keeps it there so the next gear is still in full boost and your rpm doesn't skyrocket to rev limiter.

Edit: I quoted Chris because I was adding to what he said, not directing it at him.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you get a tune from most companies (Stratified for example, who I have) they set you at a certain RPM (Stratified uses I believe 5k but it might be 5.5k) where if you leave your accelerator completely floored shift at 5.5-6k (Don't go above 6k in this car...we make no power up there above that and you'll get SLOWER times) when you press the clutch in the car automatically brings RPM back to 5k and keeps it there so the next gear is still in full boost and your rpm doesn't skyrocket to rev limiter.

Edit: I quoted Chris because I was adding to what he said, not directing it at him.
I do have flat foot shifting I have a custom tune from freektune when I use flat foot shifting I shift at 5k to 5500k rpm and it redline and and when the next gear kicks is I lost power. I'll shift at 6 k RPMS I'll see how it goes thanks bro

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I do have flat foot shifting I have a custom tune from freektune when I use flat foot shifting I shift at 5k to 5500k rpm and it redline and and when the next gear kicks is I lost power. I'll shift at 6 k RPMS I'll see how it goes thanks bro

If it redlines then you don't have flat foot shifting enabled.

Email Justin

·
Registered
816 Posts

From a custom tune FFS is only enabled on certain map slots. I know that for my tune from Justin I only have FFS from map 2-5 and not on map 1. Same with launch control. Check to see what slot your in on the tune

1 - 19 of 19 Posts