Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Ewwww stink melon!!
I didn’t elaborate but long while back, my roommate at the time was from Florida and on a wait list to hunt gator. He came back with a couple coolers filled with gator meat and I got to experiment cooking it every which way I could think, really good.

But yea that smell, and something just not right about a fruit that tastes like cheese

·
Registered
653 Posts
Durian. This article says it all

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Durian. This article says it all
Haha that was great

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, We have a limited edition (EBC Brakes RP-X) silver magnetic dish tray for keeping your bolts, washers or tools in one place at those crucial moments.

One randomly selected forum member can own this just by commenting below with the strangest food they have ever eaten, maybe snails, frogs legs, alligator..... As always, if a picture is available why not post it alongside your comment!

There is a tedious link to this thread as food is often served on silver trays :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 392563
Nothing strange about the food just the name. There used too be this vegan burger place in Berkeley about 10 years ago that had a very basic menu. You could get fries, a salad, and/or what they called a “Bongo Burger”. Too this day I still have no idea how they came up with the name.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Since this seems like the perfect thread: Whom here has had 'Rocky Mountain Oysters'? 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
653 Posts
Since this seems like the perfect thread: Whom here has had 'Rocky Mountain Oysters'? 🤣 🤣 🤣
I have, during a curling bonspiel in Air Cadets in Russell Manitoba. We weren't told until after what they were and if you think calamari is like rubber bands, it has nothing on prairie oysters boiled and BBQed. The rest of the food was fantastic though.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have, during a curling bonspiel in Air Cadets in Russell Manitoba. We weren't told until after what they were and if you think calamari is like rubber bands, it has nothing on prairie oysters boiled and BBQed. The rest of the food was fantastic though.
Yeah, it seems that the majority of people I talked to that ate them were 'tricked' into thinking it was something else. Fortunately for me, I don't like oysters so I avoided everything but the beer coming out of my nose when the host let the cat out of the bag. Classic gotcha, haha.

I've been to Vietnam and ate a bunch of stuff that didn't sit well... There are some really weird cuts of meat that I just know would not agree with my stomach. Lots of very young animals. Some of it was awesome though, and I would just stick that 'that bowl' 😅

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
They gave me pigs ears and chicken feet in China; the pigs ears were grissly and chicken feet, well, are chicken feet.

Funny story (to me anyway); I was in China (Hianan Island, Nan Da Ha, and Bejing) in 1998 with some equipement that the company I worked for at the time was selling/leasing (take your pick, they ended up stealing it) to some Chinese investors. The Chinese have a banquet everytime they complete a business deal and it is not polite not to go or to not eat/drink what ever they set in front of you. We made several deals on equipment (that was eventually stolen); after one we were celebrating with a big lunch, one of the entrees was duck heads, split right down the middle length wise so you got half a beak, half a tongue, one eye, etc. I ate one out of necessity ( I prefered the bowl full of little eels). A couple days later we culmanate another deal and once again, a large lunch was in order. This time I was asked what I would like, I thought about it for a second and responded, "not duck heads". Smart ass Chinese interpreter got together with one of the Chinese big wigs and made the order. First thing brought out and set before me...goose heads! I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with goose heads, but, they are just big ass duck heads. But, they were not done; remembering how much I enjoyed the bowl full of little eels, they ordered one big ass eel, cooked coiled up, served on a huge plate with it's head poking out of the center coil. All in all a lovely time was had by one and all (until they stole the equipement, but that's another story), (and a good one too).
Great story, not such great food though! 🤢

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Green Anole
100% alive.
It was a bet.
Marines can be stupid.
...but I won the bet

From Google, for reference:
View attachment 392743
Marine 1: hey, see that funny looking lizard there? Bet you won't eat it
Marine 2: man that's a stupid idea. Why would I do that
Marine 1: I bet an army grunt could do it and you can't?
Marine 2: hold my beer.

I imagine the conversation went somewhere along those lines

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Administrator
12,280 Posts
Marine 1: hey, see that funny looking lizard there? Bet you won't eat it
Marine 2: man that's a stupid idea. Why would I do that
Marine 1: I bet an army grunt could do it and you can't?
Marine 2: hold my beer.

I imagine the conversation went somewhere along those lines
Maybe a challenge coin was involved too.

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST with 52k miles, automatic
12 Posts
So, We have a limited edition (EBC Brakes RP-X) silver magnetic dish tray for keeping your bolts, washers or tools in one place at those crucial moments.

One randomly selected forum member can own this just by commenting below with the strangest food they have ever eaten, maybe snails, frogs legs, alligator..... As always, if a picture is available why not post it alongside your comment!

There is a tedious link to this thread as food is often served on silver trays :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 392563
While in Alaska I visited a friend in his native village. I was offered a traditional Athabascan native dish... "Seal Fat" that's been curing in an age old vat passed on from mom's to daughters. It was awful, freakishly disgusting and smelld like rotting flesh...but when offered anything in an Eskimo village one eats it because to refuse is VERY BAD MANNERS. Just thinking about it is giving me dry heaves

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nice bonus piece @SacST. I personally cut 90% of the fat off of steaks (a little is okay), so you description had me get a shiver, lol.

I didn't see @Waggs 's comment until just now, but that's some pretty disgusting stuff right there!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts