Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
Dill pickle pizza, that's a new one on me. Not something we often see in the UK, Pineapple on a pizza is usually the big debate!!
I just saw it for the first time a few months ago. Finally had to try it. It's good!

Registered
Human ... tasted like chicken 馃槃

I mean I've probably accidentally swallowed a nail, or inhaled dead skin .. sooooooooo but other than that probably gator

Registered
Hot little Peruvian girl I dated took me to one of her favorite places for dinner (Peruvian cuisine of course). A 'specialty' was cow heart. It was spicy and okay, but it has a different and slightly tough texture. I had a flash of green fields of grass while eating it... :p
I just read this as "Hot little Peruvian girl" .. and was like HEEEYYYYY OHHHH lol then I realized there was more and was disappointed

Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
I just read this as "Hot little Peruvian girl" .. and was like HEEEYYYYY OHHHH lol then I realized there was more and was disappointed
I did the exact same thing!

Super Moderator
I had beef tripe and tongue when I was in Japan. Korean BBQ style place. Tongue was OK, it didn't gross me out but didn't taste great, tripe was interesting. Flavor was good up front, but I couldn't get past the rubber band texture after a solid 2 minutes of chewing.
Try some Menudo...

Registered
Different, Would you have it again?? 馃惍
Yes, both the heart and the girl :p
Sorry for the let down @TurboGT & @ZeroAccess ! She did indeed have an exotic taste as well, but didn't qualify as 'unusual'. I guess I should edit that post down to the first four words, lol.

Registered
I'm a bit of a human garberator but the most exotic top three meals I've had were:

Grasshopper fried in bacon fat over a campfire while I was in Scouts. Kinda tasted like chewy, crispy peanut butter. I've also eaten ants, crickets, and once, chocolate covered scorpions.

The exotic platter at the Grizzly House in Banff, Alberta. Shark, Alligator, Rattlesnake, Ostrich, Frogs Legs, Buffalo and Venison on a hot rock fondue. I HIGHLY recommend this place if we ever get to travel again.

I'm a huge fan of Uni and sushi generally, especially BBQ eel (Unagi). I'd eat that daily if I could afford it.

Premium Member
鈥13 Focus ST3, Tuxedo Black
Calf鈥檚 brains. Has the consistency of overcooked cheesecake. Tasted mostly like the fatty parts of a steak. Wasn鈥檛 bad.

Super Moderator
Goat, gator, shark, chickens feet, all can be delicious but the weirdest and nastiest to me was and is Durian.
They gave me pigs ears and chicken feet in China; the pigs ears were grissly and chicken feet, well, are chicken feet.

Funny story (to me anyway); I was in China (Hianan Island, Nan Da Ha, and Bejing) in 1998 with some equipement that the company I worked for at the time was selling/leasing (take your pick, they ended up stealing it) to some Chinese investors. The Chinese have a banquet everytime they complete a business deal and it is not polite not to go or to not eat/drink what ever they set in front of you. We made several deals on equipment (that was eventually stolen); after one we were celebrating with a big lunch, one of the entrees was duck heads, split right down the middle length wise so you got half a beak, half a tongue, one eye, etc. I ate one out of necessity ( I prefered the bowl full of little eels). A couple days later we culmanate another deal and once again, a large lunch was in order. This time I was asked what I would like, I thought about it for a second and responded, "not duck heads". Smart ass Chinese interpreter got together with one of the Chinese big wigs and made the order. First thing brought out and set before me...goose heads! I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with goose heads, but, they are just big ass duck heads. But, they were not done; remembering how much I enjoyed the bowl full of little eels, they ordered one big ass eel, cooked coiled up, served on a huge plate with it's head poking out of the center coil. All in all a lovely time was had by one and all (until they stole the equipement, but that's another story), (and a good one too).

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK
21 - 40 of 60 Posts