Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, We have a limited edition (EBC Brakes RP-X) silver magnetic dish tray for keeping your bolts, washers or tools in one place at those crucial moments.

One randomly selected forum member can own this just by commenting below with the strangest food they have ever eaten, maybe snails, frogs legs, alligator..... As always, if a picture is available why not post it alongside your comment!

There is a tedious link to this thread as food is often served on silver trays :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Rat, pigeon and crickets

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Rat, pigeon and crickets
Wow... I've done crickets, but never rat or pigeon.

I've eaten most garden variety bugs at this point. Took some survival classes in my late teenage years and part of it was eating bugs and knowing which ones were fine to eat and how to best eat them without throwing up.

The secret for most of them to is... remove the legs and wings so they can't, ya know, crawl back up your throat.

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow... I've done crickets, but never rat or pigeon.

I've eaten most garden variety bugs at this point. Took some survival classes in my late teenage years and part of it was eating bugs and knowing which ones were fine to eat and how to best eat them without throwing up.

The secret for most of them to is... remove the legs and wings so they can't, ya know, crawl back up your throat.
Crickets seem popular!! Thanks for the legs and wings tip, I will keep that in mind for the future..... :sick:

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Cicadas this year. Gross. I've had gator, shark, frog legs, snails, cat (they said it was chicken but I think that was a lie.....) 🤣

Gator, shark and frog legs were good! Everything else...... not so much.

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cicadas this year. Gross. I've had gator, shark, frog legs, snails, cat (they said it was chicken but I think that was a lie.....) 🤣

Gator, shark and frog legs were good! Everything else...... not so much.
I think I need to start experimenting with some foods, this is crazy! CAT!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I think I need to start experimenting with some foods, this is crazy! CAT!!!!!!!!
I know people that have had goat, dog, and horse. Lol
Forgot to mention that I've had squid as well that was meh.
There's definitely some weird stuff out there that I'd love to try yet I hate spinach and broccoli. 🤣🤣

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
545 Posts
crickets, octopus (raw), rattlesnake (not raw). The octopus was naaaaaasty!!!!!!!! I cannot say that enough. Rattlesnake cooked over campfire was really tasty, and yes, it tastes like chicken haha.

·
Super Moderator
10,084 Posts
When I was on Hainan Island (China), they would serve lots of interesting "Happy Hour" treats at the bars. Mostly insects; there were at least a dozen different flavors of snails, but the best were the "Drunken Scorpions". They would kind of marinate the scorpions in Moutai (Sorghum Whiskey of sorts) and there was a bit of a hallucinagenic effect from the alcohol and venom. Went pretty good with the 25 cent liters of beer.

·
Administrator
12,680 Posts
Hmm, I've had a lot of weird culinary mushrooms, some super funky flavors from them, insects, lots of weird seafood. Escargot, caviar, tripe.

Oh! I got it. We were bbq'in a half pig. I ate the eye, tongue, heart, right out of it. Not crazy, but a cool experience.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So, We have a limited edition (EBC Brakes RP-X) silver magnetic dish tray for keeping your bolts, washers or tools in one place at those crucial moments.

One randomly selected forum member can own this just by commenting below with the strangest food they have ever eaten, maybe snails, frogs legs, alligator..... As always, if a picture is available why not post it alongside your comment!
I've got quite a list, but I think the weirdest one (from an American perspective) was spaghetti with octopus in it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hmm, I've had a lot of weird culinary mushrooms, some super funky flavors from them, insects, lots of weird seafood. Escargot, caviar, tripe.

Oh! I got it. We were bbq'in a half pig. I ate the eye, tongue, heart, right out of it. Not crazy, but a cool experience.
Thats funny... when I was a kid, when we would butcher a hog, dad would roast the tail on a stick until it got crispy and give to one of us... it was actually kinda good

·
Administrator
12,680 Posts
I know people that have had goat, dog, and horse. Lol
Forgot to mention that I've had squid as well that was meh.
There's definitely some weird stuff out there that I'd love to try yet I hate spinach and broccoli. 🤣🤣
Goat is common, and delicious. One of my favorite meats. Jamaican and Portuguese make great goat dishes. Goat and rabbit, tend to be prepared with cleavers from those cultures though, so watch out for bone chunks/fragments. Totally worth it though!!

@Oldandintheway octopus can be a bit rubbery, I have had some killer Octopus stews, tentacles have many layers of texture as you go from the suction cups into the muscle. Very nice if done right.

Softshell crabs creep some people out, but dang they are good!!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Goat is common, and delicious. One of my favorite meats. Jamaican and Portuguese make great goat dishes. Goat and rabbit, tend to be prepared with cleavers from those cultures though, so watch out for bone chunks/fragments. Totally worth it though!!

@Oldandintheway octopus can be a bit rubbery, I have had some killer Octopus stews, tentacles have many layers of texture as you go from the suction cups into the muscle. Very nice if done right.

Mmmm.... We've got a couple Indian restaurants around here. They've all got goat curry of various types and I've decided I like goat even more than lamb in most cases.

I recently tried Caviar for the first time. First time I've had squid. It was fried and was actually delicious.

They would kind of marinate the scorpions in Moutai (Sorghum Whiskey of sorts) and there was a bit of a hallucinagenic effect from the alcohol and venom. Went pretty good with the 25 cent liters of beer.
I've always been curious to try Scorpion. I imagine, apart from being incredibly crunchy, they're probably similar to all the other bugs I've tried. Granted, most of my bug eating experience is raw, still alive bugs. I've only ever had crickets cooked.

Speaking of... If you roll crickets around in your hand like you're trying to set 2 sticks on fire, you'll get their legs off without problem. Fry them up on a sauce pan over a camp fire, add a small amount of salt and you have a pretty solid little protein snack. I'd eat them again outside of my old camping/survival trip.

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I personally love a bit of crab, octopus and most 'edible' seafood!

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
397 Posts

I had beef tripe and tongue when I was in Japan. Korean BBQ style place. Tongue was OK, it didn't gross me out but didn't taste great, tripe was interesting. Flavor was good up front, but I couldn't get past the rubber band texture after a solid 2 minutes of chewing.

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had beef tripe and tongue when I was in Japan. Korean BBQ style place. Tongue was OK, it didn't gross me out but didn't taste great, tripe was interesting. Flavor was good up front, but I couldn't get past the rubber band texture after a solid 2 minutes of chewing.
:sick: :sick: :sick:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hot little Peruvian girl I dated took me to one of her favorite places for dinner (Peruvian cuisine of course). A 'specialty' was cow heart. It was spicy and okay, but it has a different and slightly tough texture. I had a flash of green fields of grass while eating it... :p

Reactions: Duece McCracken
1 - 20 of 60 Posts