Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing research on the rear brakes for the ST I came across the Frakenbrake upgrade. I noticed it uses a 302mm Volvo rotor. I also like the RS brake package for the ST from Ford Performance, however all you are getting is a Nitrous Blue caliper and RS pads for a pretty expensive price. I have pieced together a list of the parts and prices for the Frakenbrake upgrade using RS Rotors, RS Pads, Mazda Brackets and reusing your OEM ST caliper. Has anyone completed the upgrade using the RS rear rotors?

test.JPG

·
Administrator
11,830 Posts
Doing research on the rear brakes for the ST I came across the Frakenbrake upgrade. I noticed it uses a 302mm Volvo rotor. I also like the RS brake package for the ST from Ford Performance, however all you are getting is a Nitrous Blue caliper and RS pads for a pretty expensive price. I have pieced together a list of the parts and prices for the Frakenbrake upgrade using RS Rotors, RS Pads, Mazda Brackets and reusing your OEM ST caliper. Has anyone completed the upgrade using the RS rear rotors?

View attachment 238889
I am very interested in using a RS rear rotor over a Volvo. I hear the volvo slide a bit on the studs when i brake. Due to antiseize and the smaller diameter wheel studs the ST has.

If a good aftermarket selection for the RS rotors, and they fit fine (they should) the only factor left is price.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isnt any aftermarket rear rotors available that I can find. For the price of the OEM RS rotor I dont thing it is a bad idea especially if the Volvos slide a bit. Over time the RS will definitely have some good options for rear rotors though.

·
Administrator
11,830 Posts
There isnt any aftermarket rear rotors available that I can find. For the price of the OEM RS rotor I dont thing it is a bad idea especially if the Volvos slide a bit. Over time the RS will definitely have some good options for rear rotors though.
Well the sliding is only noticeable on my fronts, and it is not overly prevailent across the people who use Volvo rotors. I tend to have issues with every part, lmao!

29 bucks is tough to beat. Getting a pair of slotted would be sweet to match my fronts, just waiting on aftermarket. Looks like i am rolling Volvo for the time being.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once some slotted rotors are available and different pad compounds. It could be an awesome upgrade. The Frankenbrake already is a nice upgrade but a better fitting set up compared to the Volvo rotors would be nice. Pair this with RS Brembos upfront or a matching Rotor/pad combo would be a good combo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the fitment of the RS Rotor, Im guessing if the caliper is the same as the ST just in Nitrous Blue I would assume the width of the rotor shouldnt be an issue.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am very interested in using a RS rear rotor over a Volvo. I hear the volvo slide a bit on the studs when i brake. Due to antiseize and the smaller diameter wheel studs the ST has.

If a good aftermarket selection for the RS rotors, and they fit fine (they should) the only factor left is price.
I have confirmation that the RS Rear rotors will fit. The dimension are identical to the ST just in 302mm vs 271mm. Looks like I have a Frakenbrake kit to piece together.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't know if you guys will agree or not, but nothing annoys me more than having awesome brake (caliper) options for her front and the rear has to be "Frankenstein" put together. I hate a gorgeous front set up and the rear is just left ugly and neglected. Maybe it's just me, but I'll save my money and go Wilwood so I can do all four corners.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im doing natural aluminum RS Brembos up front, the this new FrankenRS kit in the back. It essentially the full RS brake system at a way cheaper price. I will have all 4 calipers powdercoated in gloss black so it looks nice with the Tuxedo Black

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts

View attachment 238889
The RS caliper bracket is $20 per side.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have a part number for that? if not I can probably find it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe it is BRBCR-35.

Here is the part number. G1FZ-2B511-A Above is the Motorcraft number.

Awesome thank you! That is alot cheaper than $75 a piece for the Mazda 5 brackets.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That makes the total for RS Caliper brackets, RS Rotors, RS Pads ~ $145 for the whole set up. That is a decent upgrade too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe it is BRBCR-35.

Here is the part number. G1FZ-2B511-A Above is the Motorcraft number.

Does the RS bracket mount properly though? Im am seeing that is why the Ford Performance kit dosnt have RS rotors to begin with is the bracket doesnt fit.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts