Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of figuring out the navigation when I upgraded from Sync 2 to Sync 3 I found a wealth of information on the programming that can be changed with Forscan. One interesting option I found is enabling line level output from the ACM which allows the Sony amp to be removed and you can connect the factory wires right to the line level input of your amp.

Here is a link to a Fusion page with more info:
Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (Factory Radio) For Amplifier Upgrades

Has anyone tried this or any other "hacks" through Forscan programming?

·
Registered
394 Posts
That's pretty cool but now that Rockfords DSR1 is out I'd rather go that route. For around $250 it's pretty much plug/play with all kinds of sound control. It also removes the Sony amp but it can easily be put back to factory config by just unplugging it all and putting the Sony amp back in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DSR1 is an awesome option for a DSP, but I would bet for most people it is over kill.
I'm going to try this in the next few weeks hopefully and I'll post results back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got around to trying it tonight and it works!
There were a few deviations from what is in the guide I posted so I will rewrite it for the Focus once I have everything ironed out.
Unfortunately the 4 channel amp I have to use in it died so I am in the process of finding a 5 channel amp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys!
I'm new to this forum - greetings to all...

I tried to switch my 2017 Focus ST‘s audio signal to low level line outbut i can't find the lines in forscan to change?! I only habe one line and it won't let me save the changes i made. The car is equipped with Sync 3 and standard audio (no factory amps, just the door speakers front/back).
Will i have to update firmware first or do anything else?

thanks for helping me!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts