Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, first off I’ll admit I totally screwed up. I read a bunch about FORScan and then proceeded to buy the adapter and use it on my newly aquired 2018 ST. First thing everyone said is to backup before you make changes… so I did. The problem is I only made a backup of one of the modules; mistakenly thinking I had backed up all of them in one fell swoop.

As you can already guess, I made a bunch of changes.. one at a time mind you… to several different modules (some effective and some doing nothing). I never had any issues (that I knew of). Then one day I tried to turn off my traction control and the button does nothing. 🤦

I have now learned I don’t have a backup to my modules to set everything back to factory. What can I do? Do I have to go to a stealership?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help to my stupidity!

🙏

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks for the link. but I'm not sure what to do with that info. When I put in my VIN, it offers a .ab download file. but I'm not sure which module that applies to. Also, the other information that shows on the screen with the download link don't specify where to change the info... so I really have not clue how to use this info :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well damn. I hadn't used it myself, I think there is a YouTube video that shows how to use it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well damn. I hadn't used it myself, I think there is a YouTube video that shows how to use it...
Hey I figured it out... and problem solved!!!

The downloaded file is for all the modules and Forscan just pulls what it needs from that file for the module you are changing.

Thank you so much for the help!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hell yeah man! Congratulations! Glad I could finally help someone on here. Lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hell yeah man! Congratulations! Glad I could finally help someone on here. Lol
You win a complimentary pie (I'm partial to Key Lime myself) courtesy of the Internet. Everyone gets cookies....
Seriously, it feels good to help, doesn't it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts