Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Former OG Florida Focus person - Now with ST!

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tj@steeda 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a problem. I have now owned three foci. Here is the latest edition to the lineup:

2013 CPO loaded ST2 with 25500 miles at purchase, original tires and brakes with recall complete! I've had it about 1.5 months so far lol

The SVT was traded in. Had 135,000 miles, I put 75,000 of those on in the 5 years I owned it. Loved my SVT but it was time and I needed something bigger. The only logical replacement was an ST. I wasn't a fan of the ST1 interior, nor the ST2/3 but it has grown on me. I looked at VW, both mk7 TDI and TSI and while I loved the interior, both were not as fun to drive; would have liked a GTI, but never drove one or really let myself consider it. Plus, reliability scared me. Part of me wanted a '15 ST, but I didn't want to wait any longer. Plus, CPO warranty is better than new, without the depreciation hit!

First Bath with the gf's car behind:

Hope to see you all in Daytona!

-Rob

See less See more
#6 ·
Boomba shifter base bushings... might as well throw a boomba short shifter in there while you've got the console out... it's not nearly as easy to remove as the early generations :(

Reactions: BigRed03
#3 ·
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the community! :smile:

#7 ·
Thanks!:big smile:

You're no stranger to me, but officially welcome?? lol
Thanks! :sorry: Guess I shoulda done this before C&C, huh? lol

Welcome, love PB, often regret not getting it but I do love my OW. Not sure on quick shift arm, but perhaps some solid shifter bushings/trans cable bushings would get rid of some if not all of the slop.
OW was my second choice, but Blue has always been my favorite on the SVT (Sonic Blue) and ST! And yeah, bushings...thanks!

Boomba shifter base bushings... might as well throw a boomba short shifter in there while you've got the console out... it's not nearly as easy to remove as the early generations :(
Thanks, and the bushings are what I figured... and ripping apart the interior is why i went with the trans shifter arm...ugh.

#4 ·
You're no stranger to me, but officially welcome?? lol

#5 ·
Welcome, love PB, often regret not getting it but I do love my OW. Not sure on quick shift arm, but perhaps some solid shifter bushings/trans cable bushings would get rid of some if not all of the slop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.