·
Registered
428 Posts
We want more, we want more

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Right. Again, a huge gap between updates. I have a lot to list, but not a ton of time. So, I'll throw out a bunch of pictures in no particular order. It is VERY close to completion. There is a chance I pick it up next weekend. Probably not...but maybe.

Heated seat controls. This seemed like it was going to be a whole thing, because the piece from the ST doesn't fit anywhere on the TC dashboard. They looked at taking the wheels out a trying to stuff them into the coin holders, but then found this piece from a Focus Platinum that directly bolts into this spot replacing the auxiliary power plug for the TC. Awesome.

This is the first fitment of the gauge cluster. It does bolt in, but the dash is a different shape so there are gaps. The gaps on the bottom are a little bit filled by using a combination of the ST plastic on the gauge side and the TC plastic on the steering wheel side. They grafted those two pieces into one.

After fiberglassing, sanding, filler, 'icing', priming, sanding, and priming (it is complete and painted now but I don't have a great pic of it):

A set of adjustable dampers from ModYourConnect.co.uk, made by GAZ. These are on the rear suspension. The front was done with BC Racing coilovers adapted from a set made for the Focus ST:

And the adjustable spring perches on the rear:

Mishimoto intercooler installed. In the background you can see their Ford Bronco that went to SEMA last year. It got auctioned for charity after.

ST Recaro in place. This is an old pic, the dash is back in along with the ST wheel. But the Recaros are hooked up with power movement, heat, airbags, etc.

FSWorks intake pipe. I did this basically so I could use the Cobb OTS tune right away until I can get it to the tuner.

Some nice Focal speakers I got on Black Friday special. That is, Black Friday 2017...

Installed the mids:

Tweeters were installed using a PVC pipe adapter. The interior trim has a grille for a speaker but no actual tweeter behind it. Now it does.

Rears couldn't match because I needed integrated tweeters. Still decent Infinity Reference Series, though...

Installed rears:

Mocking up the auxiliary gauges, the single DIN stereo, and the trim adapter piece. You can see in the background the painted trim piece that was made for the main gauge cluster - looks perfect.

That's where it was left today. They're gonna cut a little bit out of that trim adapter piece to let the gauges come through and that's that.

Otherwise remaining:
- Remove about an inch of exhaust length so the tips are flush with the bumper. The made it the way it is currently on purpose, but I prefer a slightly less aggressive look. Also note the wheels have been powdercoated a dark gunmetal color. It won't stay this low - that's basically as low as the springs adjustment allows.:

- Swap over the ST badges
- Finish the auxiliary gauge install
- Get the A/C filled
- Get the sliding door recall done/TPMS reprogrammed at the Ford dealership
- Do a shakedown drive to make sure it's good to make the cross-country drive back to CO

That's the list.

·
Vendor
3,254 Posts
We love this, It would make moving parts from our manufacturing facility to our distribution center so fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like this build and have Transit Connect ( in the UK )

Have a couple of questions......

What engine did it have in it originally before you swapped the ST motor in?

What drive shafts did you use Focus/Connect/Custom??

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hey whitevan cam...7 months later.

If you're still interested: the original engine was the 2.5 liter naturally aspirated motor, with the automatic transmission.

Driveshafts are from the Focus ST and mated right up with the Transit Connect hubs - no modification at all needed there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Is it finished??? Any completed updates or photos of the whole vehicle?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts