Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used motocraft blend every 5k for first 30k.Thinking it would break in better.Then went to full synthetic every 8-9k.Now I use mobile1 extended perf.It looks better coming out than Moto blend did even with twice miles on it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I used motocraft blend every 5k for first 30k.Thinking it would break in better.Then went to full synthetic every 8-9k.Now I use mobile1 extended perf.It looks better coming out than Moto blend did even with twice miles on it.
@Seniorst

Thanks for the post . . . how many miles on the car now?

@longbow_apache64d

Also thanks for the post on Amsoil . . . I may check into it . . . . Problem in LA is they only stock items that sell in volume, so I'm not sure if I've even seen Amsoil on the shelf at the Auto parts store??? I do prefer choices where if I'm out on the road I could walk into a parts place and find what I'm running . . . . Like my local store does stock the Motorcraft synthetic . . . and, of course they would have Mobil 1 in various iterations . . . .

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Are you sure you are getting a FULL synthetic oil? For you I would use the OE or XL series and continue with 5k oil changes until you at least get past any warranty time or miles.
@longbow_apache64d

Mulling this one over for a bit . . . the "continue w/ 5K oil changes until past any warranty time or miles" . . . seems like you are suggesting that showing the 5K service interval on the oil changes, or rather exceeding it might be a "reason" for declining some items under warranty???

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
@wingnutt

LOL . . . my '89 Prelude that I ran up into the 200K+++ miles realm was "image #3" . . . it was burning and leaking so much oil there was no point to changing it . . . . I think toward the end of my ownership of it I really just did a filter change on it . . . .
Never owned a car that was brand new and had a warranty until my ST . . . .

41 - 46 of 46 Posts