Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my 2016 Focus ST still has Sync 3 version 1.0.

I went through the gyrations of downloading the latest update, putting it on a USB drive, etc.
I put it into the car. The car said "Updating" ... followed eventually by "Update complete".

I removed the USB drive.

However, even after the system restart ... it was still on 1.0.

Is there a trick to this? Do I need to take it to the dealer to get an update?

Lastly: Assuming I ever get this working, will it add Android Auto / CarPlay into my car?

·
Registered
232 Posts
So, my 2016 Focus ST still has Sync 3 version 1.0.

I went through the gyrations of downloading the latest update, putting it on a USB drive, etc.
I put it into the car. The car said "Updating" ... followed eventually by "Update complete".

I removed the USB drive.

However, even after the system restart ... it was still on 1.0.

Is there a trick to this? Do I need to take it to the dealer to get an update?

Lastly: Assuming I ever get this working, will it add Android Auto / CarPlay into my car?
Another vote for the Syn3 updater.
I fought all kinds of weirdness with the hand-made Ford janky update instructions, half the time it would stall, told you to do stuff you weren't supposed to, instructions didn't match what I saw on the screen, just cheesey.
The updater is simple as long as you read ALL the docs first (there aren't many) and make sure you have a compatible system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another vote for the Syn3 updater.
I fought all kinds of weirdness with the hand-made Ford janky update instructions, half the time it would stall, told you to do stuff you weren't supposed to, instructions didn't match what I saw on the screen, just cheesey.
The updater is simple as long as you read ALL the docs first (there aren't many) and make sure you have a compatible system.
Windows Defender is reporting the download as malware. Are we sure this thing is safe?

EDIT: Actually it only blocked the download. Once I got it and scanned it, it came up clean. Weird.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Windows Defender is reporting the download as malware. Are we sure this thing is safe?

EDIT: Actually it only blocked the download. Once I got it and scanned it, it came up clean. Weird.
It's perfectly fine, Defender is a little over- zealous with this app.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I went crazy trying to do the update a few months back. I was using a very old laptop and though the problem was there. No, I didn’t unzip like the instructions said, did unzip, bundled and unbundled. Well turns out the car can’t just be in the KOEO but must be running. At yeast that cured it for me. I also was using a thumb drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got it. What a P.I.T.A.
Now I just have to figure out why CarPlay isn't working. :-(

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2016 cars did not come with the proper hub for Apple carplay You'll need to purchase and replace the hub from either your dealer or Amazon.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk
Oh, well that explains that. THANK YOU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts