Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
We are currently porting and flow benching all of what we do so that we have factual data to back it up. There is a lot of room for improvement on this head and we are very excited to see some serious numbers come out of it.
Please don't develop based on flow bench results. It is a good tool to use but its no where near as important as velocity tuning. I still vow one day to develop a dynamic event based flowbench with velocity measurement capabilities.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
So we can put a 2.3 ecoboost motor in our cars without worrying about the mount problems? I got all upgraded mounts soo jw? Id love a 2.3 or 2.4 with a big turbo.. I hade a 7670efr ready but the actuator rod hits the firewall :(
Cut the firewall!

1,975 Posts

· Registered
3,616 Posts
I know they make a smaller bracket but not sure if that changes anything

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Wait what? He supposedly fitted in another car but it doesn't fit yours? And how is your actuator hitting the firewall? Did he flip the turbo around? Because an efr if it's installed the same way the stock on is it should have the actuator toward the block.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
I wouldn't bother till you can port the headifold. Pablo showed me how small the exhaust port is, that big of a turbo will need some breathing room.

Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
3,476 Posts
I wouldn't bother till you can port the headifold. Pablo showed me how small the exhaust port is, that big of a turbo will need some breathing room.
Generally speaking, I'd think you'd want the exhaust port to be slightly larger than the inlet to the turbo. So if you go BT, it's a good idea to compare the two ports. You wouldn't want to increase diameter going into the turbo. I don't plan to go BT, but I would probably take this ratio from the stock setup (exhaust port/turbo exhaust inlet), and use that on the BT setup to figure out how much you need to port out your exhaust port.

The adapter between the headifold and the turbo would need to be considered too...

· Registered
288 Posts
I should dig up the pictures to post but the port from the head (rectangular oval) is a lil more than half to 3/5ths the size of the circle port form the ATP GTX. I should draw a cutaway to put it all in perspective but there is plenty of room in the head to open that port up.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
Honestly idk what he did bc ollie was in a rush i think and prob never did fit it.. It was on a test car he had soo, i would love to have that setup still if full race makes it happen
After fitting the 6758 I can tell you there's no room for a bigger turbo. I'd be surprised if they get FR gets that thing working. 6758 spools to full boost @3k. I could only imagine spooling @4k not being too much fun.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
The 7163 and 6758 use the B1 turbine housing so it will fit, my 7670 uses a b2 and the rod hit the firewall apparently soo
7163 will fit. 7670 is what I was referring to.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.