Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now in the market for purchasing one of those really neat Ford Racing tow straps that I keep seeing in pics on this forum. I understand that they're not manufactured but rather customised? Where can I get hold of them? The only place on the whole of the Net I've found them is HERE. But the "company" doesn't give any contact details or anything, and if there's one thing I've learnt is that you don't trust companies who don't provide their location or contact details of any kind.

Registered
I'm now in the market for purchasing one of those really neat Ford Racing tow straps that I keep seeing in pics on this forum. I understand that they're not manufactured but rather customised? Where can I get hold of them? The only place on the whole of the Net I've found them is HERE. But the "company" doesn't give any contact details or anything, and if there's one thing I've learnt is that you don't trust companies who don't provide their location or contact details of any kind.
Hey Tomcat,

It's my site that the straps are listed on. They are made by a member on Instagram @freethinkerst . I list them for him and he makes and ships them. Thanks for letting me know about the contact info! I didn't even realize the email isn't listed. We have sold tons of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, really, it's your site? Part of the reason why I was interested in contact details is because I have some questions. Do you ship abroad? If so, how much is it to ship outside the US? I guess not much, seeing how small the item is?

Registered
Oh, really, it's your site? Part of the reason why I was interested in contact details is because I have some questions. Do you ship abroad? If so, how much is it to ship outside the US? I guess not much, seeing how small the item is?
It's only another $9 for overseas shipping. I've added contact details to the bottom of the home page. Feel free to email me

Registered
Hey guys - quick question. Where does this go? I see pictures of the different colors, but not one that is installed: back, front. Is this a key chain thing or an actual tow strap?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It goes between the gaps in the radiator cover. Don't know where it attaches behind it though.

Registered
Is it actually for towing or just for looks?
depends on how you mount it ;)

mount it to the bumper cover and tow from it. Please have a camera going to show your results.

Mount it to the frame next to the crash bar and you shouldn't have any show to watch, should just pull the car if you installed it correctly of course

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
comes with a grade 8 bolt... for looks?
Yes, depends on where you mount it. By the looks of it the strap is made to be a practical tool, but most of the pics I've seen show it coming out of the radiator cover, and members have said in previous threads that those are just for show. I'm planning on buying it just for show.

Registered
There is a place behind the bumper where you can connect it to the frame ear. It works 100% Now that's not to say some people just connect it to the bumper bar.

Registered
Yes, depends on where you mount it. By the looks of it the strap is made to be a practical tool, but most of the pics I've seen show it coming out of the radiator cover, and members have said in previous threads that those are just for show. I'm planning on buying it just for show.
make sure you tell the tow truck driver that ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look at it this way, I want mine to be placed in exactly the same place as the one in the photo I posted, just like every other strap I've seen. I'll tell the guy to mount it in a useful place if he can. If he can't mount it on a useful part of the car then no big deal.

Registered
What's wrong with a bit of decoration?

mostly because something fake pretending to be something its not is almost the very definition of rice...

make sure you tell the tow truck driver that ;)
this

a real functional tow strap, even if it will never be used and is just for looks, at least gets some respect. had a friend get stuck in the snow and tried to have another friend in a truck try to pull him out, like an idiot, the "tow" strap was just screwed into the bumper cover support. 10 years later and just thinking about that story has me giggling again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, is there anywhere useable that I can attach it to if I put it through the radiator cover like in that picture I posted?

Registered
depends on how you mount it ;)

mount it to the bumper cover and tow from it. Please have a camera going to show your results.

Mount it to the frame next to the crash bar and you shouldn't have any show to watch, should just pull the car if you installed it correctly of course
Well, that was kinda my point. The tow strap doesn't look long enough to mount to frame and hang out the front grill. But what about the back? Is there a location in the rear that would work with the length shown?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts