Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I having the ford racing performance tune installed this week with plugs. I'm hesitant about the snorkel intake install cause they want to remove the front end and all. I'm not that crazy about cutting up the shroud around the radiator either.The cars new like 500 miles on it. Has anyone just done the tune and plugs? Does it really Help having it? And how do they give me a copy of the stock tune when they are done? thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I originally did the SCT Tune with Torries 93 Tune & Denso ITV24 two step colder plugs. Later I put a Steeda lightweight along with the Ford Racing Cold Air Intake (snorkle) & a Rousch Cold Air Intake & an MBRP Exhaust. After adding the Steeda FMIC I changed the plugs to Denso ITV22 which is one step colder. I found all of the parts together made a difference for me. The car had better throttle response & it makes the tires chirp plus I gained about 1 1/2 Mpg. Next mod is the rear mount. Wife is out of work so my mods area at a stand still for now I didn't do the down pipe because I want to stay green. Don't forget to gap the plugs at .026. Good Luck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is what I'm running: FRPP Tune + Plugs + Snorkel, Mountune IC + BPV, & Cobb RMM + Intake + KN filter and NO regrets whatsoever!.. except for waiting until 50k to put the IC on.:sad: I did everything else at the dealer after full & thorough break-in. Just make sure you have a reputable dealer or ASE shop to do the work. @lou5560 already hinted at the importance of doing the rear mount at the same time...Mountune now offers a really nice one I was tempted to swap in for my Cobb, but it is doing the job superbly so don't F with something that works right? Both are comparable in price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just installed the FRPP Snorkel and you do not have to remove the bumper.
Just remove the grille then the shroud and cut it as indicate on the instructions.
Then remove the oem snorkel and replace it with the FRPP snorkel install modified shroud and grille. done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Post-face lift we can pull the grill, pre-face lift I believe the bumper still needs to be removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts