Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I having the for racing performance tune installed this week with plugs. I'm hesitant about the intake install cause they want to remove the front end and all. I'm not that crazy about cutting up the shroud around the radiator either.The cars new like 500 miles on it. has anyone just done the tune and plugs? And how do they give me a copy of the stock tune when they are done? thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
The front bumper has only 6-8 screws and a hand full of clips holding it on
And you can just take the shroud out you shouldn't have to cut it up if you don't want to. That's what I did but yours may be slightly different as mine is a 2013

·
Registered
4 Posts
@trtrav is right - removing the bumper was straightforward. The hole that gets cut is about the size of an index card, and the snorkel fills it up, so there's no gaping hole after the install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've heard on a 2015+ the intake snorkel can be installed by removing the grille and leaving the bumper on has anyone done that?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've heard on a 2015+ the intake snorkel can be installed by removing the grille and leaving the bumper on has anyone done that?
Yes.. pop the grille out on the 2015+ and there will be plebty of room to install the snorkel. I did it this exact way when installed my Vellossa tech snorkel on my 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cool thanks for the info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you remove the grill on a 2015+? On my 2017 it appears that I might be able to access this area from the top also. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
How do you remove the grill on a 2015+? On my 2017 it appears that I might be able to access this area from the top also. Thanks
literally just pull on the grill until it starts popping the little clips that hold it in. You might notice that some of your clips could already be loose, if so thats a great place to start pulling. Having done the snorkel on my 14 and 16 ST's I can say this is the easiest method by far. On my 14 I did it from the top, had a friend pull back the shroud and stuck my skinny arms in there and started cutting. It was the very painful. Would suggest just pulling out the grill. Fastest way for sure

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed it was very easy when taking the grille out. Start at the corner and yank the grille snaps will release then.

Reactions: lou5560
1 - 9 of 9 Posts