Ford Focus ST Forum banner
261 - 280 of 383 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Yes, got the springs early in the month dampeners came in last Wednesday. Ride wasn't bad a little bounce but nothing I'd worry about. I have a bit of experience and I know it's only a matter of time before they went away because of the increased spring rate. Put the b8s on and you could feel instantly what was missing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes, got the springs early in the month dampeners came in last Wednesday. Ride wasn't bad a little bounce but nothing I'd worry about. I have a bit of experience and I know it's only a matter of time before they went away because of the increased spring rate. Put the b8s on and you could feel instantly what was missing.
Awesome, thanks! If you don't mind me asking what did the setup cost you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I'm getting a pop in the drivers front side. Usually with a left hand turn that has slight elevation change regardless of speed. And it doesn't always do it. ???

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm getting a pop in the drivers front side. Usually with a left hand turn that has slight elevation change regardless of speed. And it doesn't always do it. ???
I have swift springs and just started to notice the exact same issue after 4.5K miles with the springs on. Sometimes it sounds like the strut bearing and other times it sound like shock noise. Lets us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
When I put the Bilsteins in I noticed that on the front springs had witness marks from the coils touching on the lower portion. Could be from the under powered Motorcraft dampeners. Not sure if that's the noise you're hearing or not. If it is coming from the top cap the bearings are serviceable. Look for damage to the race or bearing carrier. If it's good grease them up.

18198 comes apart. Do it over a towel Incase the bearing come loose and start bouncing.
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Awesome, thanks! If you don't mind me asking what did the setup cost you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the springs from site vendor True Blue for $250 shipped and dampeners $664 shipped for tire rack. Crossover, another site vendor had the Bilsteins for $702 and Konis under $700. The dampeners upgrade is well worth it. If you upgrade the dampeners later on down the road you'll see what you were missing and kick yourself for waiting.

Il still be reviewing the setup after my group's canyon run on the 6th and track day on the 19th

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Whats the upgrade TO the OEM's? I left a small part out of that last question. lol

I see some people talking about part #'s but haven't looked into who or what is offered in the strut and shock options.

261 - 280 of 383 Posts