Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum as well to the ST. As with anything new, loving the car thus far. However, in saying that, I do believe this car is one of the few in the market that has great longevity in terms of ownership.

As far as my question goes, I know there are threads/posts regarding Ford's Racing lowering springs, but I'd like to see more pics and comments from owners that have them installed. Either the posts are sporadic, I'm not searching hard enough or they're just not a popular upgrade, but would like to see more. Specifically looking for 2014 and up (M-5300-V) but 2013 very welcomed as well since they have similar ride heights.

Regardless, I went ahead and purchased the springs, along with mountune motor mount, already based on what I've read. But would very much like to see and know others peoples comments on driving dynamics, with load ie. 2 or more passengers etc. I made the decision on the basis of:

1) not wanting to slam the car, the ride height specs typically ended up being lower aesthetically in my experience

2) Coming from an Abarth with KWs, the stock ST definitely feels disconnected with the road in comparison

3) In consideration to above, still want somewhat of DD "comfortability" (subjective).

I know I purchased already and installing this week, maybe I'm subconsciously trying to rid of any buyers remorse, but looking forward to seeing and hearing others posts.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

New to the forum as well to the ST. As with anything new, loving the car thus far. However, in saying that, I do believe this car is one of the few in the market that has great longevity in terms of ownership.

As far as my question goes, I know there are threads/posts regarding Ford's Racing lowering springs, but I'd like to see more pics and comments from owners that have them installed. Either the posts are sporadic, I'm not searching hard enough or they're just not a popular upgrade, but would like to see more. Specifically looking for 2014 and up (M-5300-V) but 2013 very welcomed as well since they have similar ride heights.

Regardless, I went ahead and purchased the springs, along with mountune motor mount, already based on what I've read. But would very much like to see and know others peoples comments on driving dynamics, with load ie. 2 or more passengers etc. I made the decision on the basis of:

1) not wanting to slam the car, the ride height specs typically ended up being lower aesthetically in my experience

2) Coming from an Abarth with KWs, the stock ST definitely feels disconnected with the road in comparison

3) In consideration to above, still want somewhat of DD "comfortability" (subjective).

I know I purchased already and installing this week, maybe I'm subconsciously trying to rid of any buyers remorse, but looking forward to seeing and hearing others posts.

Thanks
I actually have the same exact questions, I was looking at the Ford Racing Springs but, I would love to see some pictures and maybe get an some feedback on how comfy the springs are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I actually have the same exact questions, I was looking at the Ford Racing Springs but, I would love to see some pictures and maybe get an some feedback on how comfy the springs are.
I actually just left a review of Eibach, Ford Racing, and OEM springs in the general forum area. I just had the Ford Racing Springs installed on my 2013. If I could, I would go back to OEM. The Ford Racing springs are really very harsh.

That said, I have only driven them for 20 minutes. I'll post back here after a few days (someone PM me if I forget) when my butt-dyno has had time to settle in and I'll give you my updated feelings. For now, I'm disappointed in them :(

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I think there is a Ford Racing thread or lowering springs thread... http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-suspension/8062-ford-racing-lowering-springs.html

...but nevertheless I have FRPP on my 2013. I choose them for the exact reasons you listed and find them to be fine but I did install Bilstein B6's at the same time. I measured before and after install and they were exactly as listed, I think 0.6" in back and 0.3" in the front. I have no complaints at all. Best part my wife did not even notice any change in ride, doesn't make here dislike the car anymore than she already does. lol I have about 30,000 miles on them and things are the same as day one.

I find them nothing like described above but that is just my opinion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts