Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20-Jan-2020: After approximately 72,000 miles, it was time for some work on the brakes so I decided to upgrade to the Brembo / Ford Performance front (M-2300-W) and rear kit (M-2300-WR), which includes rotors, calipers, pads, and miscellaneous hardware. This is the same setup as used on the RS. I also wanted to update my wheels/tires, and I went with the Ford Performance wheels also from the RS (19x8, 5x108, 50et) and wrapped them in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (235/40-19). At the same time I added 10mm DZX spacers from ST Suspensions which use a bolt-through design with 10mm shank lug nuts, which means I get the same number of turns with the spacers as without.

A few pictures...

Front calipers going on with new 13.7" rotors (previously had 12.6" rotors)

Rear calipers going on with new rotors

10mm hub-centric (63.4) spacers from DZX with bolt-through shank lug nuts

Some pictures fully installed...

Fairly subtle change, but I think it looks better with the 10mm spacers, making an effective offset of 40.

If you are not familiar with bolt-through spacers, check out this video (which show larger 15mm spacers, but is basically the same thing except for a longer hub ring)...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
So where did you buy the brake kit and how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So where did you buy the brake kit and how much did it cost you?
I got the wheels, center caps, and brake kits from CJ Pony Parts, and the wheel spacers directly from ST Suspensions (owned by KW Automotive). Links below. I don't remember the exact prices, but I bought them during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday discount sale, which I think was 25% off.

Front brake kit (1 kit) - includes rotors, calipers, pads, misc hardware

Rear brake kit (1 kit) - includes rotors, calipers, pads, misc hardware

Wheels (1 each, x4) - comes with "RS" center caps

"Ford Performance" center caps (1 each, x4)

10mm wheel spacers (set of 2, x2)

Hub-centric (63.4mm) adapters for 10mm spacers (1 each, x4)

Shaft lug nuts (set of 10, x2)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the Black Friday discount, I think the front kit was about $700 and included free shipping. Wish I would have known other sources though because everywhere else I looked it was more.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
13,374 Posts
With the Black Friday discount, I think the front kit was about $700 and included free shipping. Wish I would have known other sources though because everywhere else I looked it was more.
That's not too bad. I forget does that come with the air deflectors? If so is day you broke even.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I believe my total for front brembos and Franken brake came out about 1000.00 total not including 200 extra for core deposit on 4 calipers which I'll get back one way or the other. That included new Mazda brackets for the rear ,tce brake lines and new rotors/pads. We don't talk about how much more with the wheels,hehe.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
thats a good deal with the BF discount, especially on the rims.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
are those FP center caps $40+ each???

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are those FP center caps $40+ each???
I felt pretty ripped off on that, but they were also 25% off, about $33 each, so not as bad as it could be, but still a bit sore from that one. I admit, I got carried away...that was not a good deal even with the BF discount.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's not too bad. I forget does that come with the air deflectors? If so is day you broke even.

Yes, it does come with the deflectors, but I have not installed them yet. In fact, I haven't decided what to do about the heat shield/dust shield in the front...the old ones fit tight to the 12.6 rotors (curl over the top), so I had to take them off. I'm not sure if the shields from the 2015+ STs would fit (they use 13.1 rotors but this kit uses 13.7 rotors), or if the shields are even needed.

Should I try to get larger shields, thermal wrap the sensors, or what?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
The shields on my 2018 worked fine. Did have to trim about 1\2" at the opening for the caliper

·
Premium Member
13,374 Posts
Yes, it does come with the deflectors, but I have not installed them yet. In fact, I haven't decided what to do about the heat shield/dust shield in the front...the old ones fit tight to the 12.6 rotors (curl over the top), so I had to take them off. I'm not sure if the shields from the 2015+ STs would fit (they use 13.1 rotors but this kit uses 13.7 rotors), or if the shields are even needed.

Should I try to get larger shields, thermal wrap the sensors, or what?
I'm using the 14.5+ shields. I had to do minor trimming so they wouldn't hit the mounting points of the calipers. They are dirt cheap also.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
The rear shields worked fine no cutting with larger RS size rotors also
_A7R1595.JPG

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So... the recommendation seems to be not to run without the shields? I wonder if the RS shields would bolt up to the ST since they must be the right size and should not need any trim.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Hub is different so I don't know. trimming them is very easy . I did mine while on the car. took about 2 minutes a side then I lightly filed and painted the cut edges. I did my complete job by myself so I didn't take any pics of that part of the install

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
opps I'm thinking of the rear hub not sure on the front?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like the RS part numbers for the front splash shields are...

G1FZ-2K004-A (right)
G1FZ-2K005-A (left)

In pictures it looks like it would fit, but that can be deceiving. Do these even help? It seems like they would melt before protecting any components from heat, but dunno. Also seems like they block airflow and might make things run hotter.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts