Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ford Performance Europe today released a myriad of new performance parts for the Mustang, Fiesta ST and Focus ST and RS.

The new Ford Performance parts include a carbon fiber shift knob and short-shift gear linkage for the entire Ford Performance range (Focus ST and RS, Fiesta ST and Mustang). A new adjustable coilover strut and shock absorber kit for the Focus ST and Mustang is also available, reducing ride height by 40mm and improving driving dynamics. There’s also new lighweight alloy wheels for the Focus and Fiesta, which are available in 17-, 18- or 19-inch sizes.

For the 5.0-liter V8 Mustang exclusively, Ford has developed a Performance Calibration Power Pack which boosts the redline of the engine to 7,500 RPM. A Borla-developed exhaust for both 5.0-liter and 2.3-liter Mustangs is now available as well, while a supercharger kit developed with Roush Performance rounds out the Mustang-exclusive parts. The supercharger kit is compatible with both six-speed manual and six-speed automatic-equipped Mustangs and boosts output to around 600 hp.
Read more about the Ford Performance Releases a Bunch of Parts for the Mustang, Fiesta and Focus at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sounds interresting, will be looking more into the products they are offering when Ford launches a website were I can read more about the products.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
blah, they need more warrantied engine upgrade power kits not fluff

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like other than the price

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm not going to give Ford money for a pig with lipstick on it. I'm sure some of the parts are quality, but not without a markup. I'd rather buy the high quality, cheaper aftermarket parts and deal with a blown ringland when the time comes. Chances are Ford will find a way to void your warranty. I may sound bitter but I'm just sick of Ford. To be clear, i'm not sick of the car. I love the car. So much I just bought another 2017 from a 15 which is literally the exact same car but I don't like the way ford "works". I have to say, i've only ever owned Ford so it's not fair to say they're any worse than the others.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Might be an odd ball out but I think this is extremely cool of Ford. I know over priced but I appreciate they it is OEM engineered. I am sure many of you will say (and probably be right) that aftermarket is typically better designed/engineered/manufacturered, let alone cheaper. But end of day Ford should technically be king of that in theory.

I would honestly be interested in the exhaust, suspension, the wheels & interior trim if it were available in NA and price were not a concern.

I also intend to eventually buy the Ford Performance short shift that IS available already. Price is high but from what I read it is exactly what I want from a shifter upgrade, which tells me Ford Performance really knows what its doing

·
Registered
566 Posts
For the people from the Netherlands (or the people that can deal with the Dutch language), on the official dutch Ford accessories website (click here) , Ford has added various parts for multiple vehicles. Don't know yet if these are all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Might be an odd ball out but I think this is extremely cool of Ford. I know over priced but I appreciate they it is OEM engineered. I am sure many of you will say (and probably be right) that aftermarket is typically better designed/engineered/manufacturered, let alone cheaper. But end of day Ford should technically be king of that in theory.

I would honestly be interested in the exhaust, suspension, the wheels & interior trim if it were available in NA and price were not a concern.

I also intend to eventually buy the Ford Performance short shift that IS available already. Price is high but from what I read it is exactly what I want from a shifter upgrade, which tells me Ford Performance really knows what its doing
From what I've seen in the past, all the parts like these that they've released are just rebadged aftermarket items. Like wheels. Fords not in the wheel mfg biz, they just buy the stuff from one of the better aftermarket company's and put a Ford center cap and p/n on them. Or suspension kits, just rebranded Koni/H&R or something like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love the rebranded RS borla exhaust with a 35% markup

Oh but if you put on Borlas and blow a motor or turbo you’re SOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts