Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on converting my ST to the RS Brembo front brakes. Does anyone know if I will have any clearance issues with the 19" rims and the Brembo's ?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
The only thing I'd be worried about is the clearance around the face. Which wheels are you referring to?
Any pics?
What are the wheel specs.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Looking at the specs compared to my current wheels, it looks like they'll clear the bowls fine.
@Joe R red14st2 hows the clearance on the caliper face? (In between the spokes and caliper)

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
836 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Id suggest go straight for those wheels that fits RS. Usually its the caliper face that can not be cleared due to not enough offset
Yeah I have the rims already. I did see that these have a 50mm offset and the RS wheels have a 55mm offset. I think worst case I will have to space them with a 5mm spacer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you really want those. You can shop around for a better price than CJ.
Actually, my dude... I'd like to see a better price than CJ's, have not found anyone close really (especially with free shipping). Less than $140 a wheel, each with new tpms & Ford Performance wheels caps (which are about $160 to purchase alone)... fantastic deal no matter how you look at it. Plus, I got a 25% military discount on Eagle 235-35 Exhilarate's from Goodyear - delivered and installed for $725. I am very excited to see how much different my Magnetic Metallic Beast looks with these wheels. Snowflakes are getting tired :)Cannot wait for everything to get here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, my dude... I'd like to see a better price than CJ's, have not found anyone close really (especially with free shipping). Less than $140 a wheel, each with new tpms & Ford Performance wheels caps (which are about $160 to purchase alone)... fantastic deal no matter how you look at it. Plus, I got a 25% military discount on Eagle 235-35 Exhilarate's from Goodyear - delivered and installed for $725. I am very excited to see how much different my Magnetic Metallic Beast looks with these wheels. Snowflakes are getting tired :)Cannot wait for everything to get here.
Yeah I got my set from CJ they have free shipping but I am local so I just picked them up. Easy Peasy !

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
836 Posts
The price at CJ went down considerably lately. Good deal!

·
Registered
3 Posts
yup I am waiting for the salt to get off the road and then I can get my Congenital DWS 06's mounted and installed. Come on spring !
Nice. I have never had ‘congenital’ tires lol. I looked hard at the DWS’s, too. Frankly, these will be my last set of “performance” all seasons. I plan on doing some cool sh*t with the stock wheels for the colder months in NJ, and keeping Summer’s on the ford perf 10 spokes. It’s time, really. F, I may even paint the 10 spokes if I don’t like the matte magnetic wheels on magnetic metallic paint scheme. Have fun, kids
🏎💨

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice. I have never had ‘congenital’ tires lol. I looked hard at the DWS’sNice. I have never had ‘congenital’ tires lol. Frankly, these will be my last set of “performance” all seasons. I plan on doing some cool sh*t with the stock wheels for the cold months in NJ, and keeping Summer’s on these ford perf 10 spokes. F, I may paint the 10 spokes, too, if I don’t love the matte magnetic wheels on magnetic metallic paint scheme ;)

Nice. I have never had ‘congenital’ tires lol. I looked hard at the DWS’s, too. Frankly, these will be my last set of “performance” all seasons. I plan on doing some cool sh*t with the stock wheels for the colder months in NJ, and keeping Summer’s on the ford perf 10 spokes. It’s time, really. F, I may even paint the 10 spokes if I don’t like the matte magnetic wheels on magnetic metallic paint scheme. Have fun, kids 🏎 💨
lol yeah I did not notice my typo on congenital lol. My car came with indy 500 summer tires. They did not do to terribly bad in the PA snow and ice but I want something that is an all season.

·
Registered
3 Posts
lol yeah I did not notice my typo on congenital lol. My car came with indy 500 summer tires. They did not do to terribly bad in the PA snow and ice but I want something that is an all season.
Philly skyline is my back yard view. Not too much snow and ice. I’ve enjoyed the decent all-seasons I’ve used since new in 16’. Have never owned summer rubber and am looking forward to trying them in a couple years when I destroy the new Exhilarates! Oh, I gotta ask… Tesla 80… the band, or the man himself? Or, gulp, the 🚗 ?! I jest, really dig the first two, and the car ain’t too half bad either lol. And 1980 was a decent year, first one I really remember 🤩

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL Tesla as the inventor and 80 as in 1980 from when I was born. Yeah I am out north west of Carslile Pa up in the mountains. We did not get a lot of snow but I am down in a valley and if we get 1" of snow it drifts like crazy on the roads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts