Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was reading an article which stated that each ford performance car has to meet certain criteria and be placed into one of the aforementioned categories. It went on to say that the GT is in the elite group, the RS in the HP2 and the ST in the HP1.

Does anyone on here know what these category requirements are? I'd be interested to know.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think the specific details are confidential. It's not really information a consumer would find that interesting though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think the specific details are confidential. It's not really information a consumer would find that interesting though.
Yeah its very technical and only for insiders. I asked one of my coworkers at TrueCar and They said its a bunch of category buckets like price point, R&D, Engine, and so on.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yeah its very technical and only for insiders. I asked one of my coworkers at TrueCar and They said its a bunch of category buckets like price point, R&D, Engine, and so on.
Even the summary just boils down to "be as good or better as the competition" and "be better than the donor program by this much". Sorry to inject boredom into what people were expecting to be an interesting thread :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Even the summary just boils down to "be as good or better as the competition" and "be better than the donor program by this much". Sorry to inject boredom into what people were expecting to be an interesting thread :)
Still somewhat interesting. I suppose the only way the info would be worthwhile is if it helped us enthusiasts get a better understanding of what cars fit into what bracket and maybe some clues as to what other cars would possibly get the upgraded high performance treatment

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
A lot of it is based on how long and capable it is sustaining high performance driving. How well they handle driving at the limits and how long they can maintain performance

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
802 Posts
Still somewhat interesting. I suppose the only way the info would be worthwhile is if it helped us enthusiasts get a better understanding of what cars fit into what bracket and maybe some clues as to what other cars would possibly get the upgraded high performance treatment
Ford is still on track to introduce 12 new performance vehicles by 2020. Have you guessed them all yet? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts