Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I Just ordered the ProCal 3 Performance kit from Ford Performance. Anyone else on here get that? I have to find a dealer to do the tuning but None of the dealers I called know what I'm talking about when I ask them if they do this. I saw some instructions on line and these are pretty confusing to me.

Can someone let me know what I have to do or what you did to get this done? Id like to take it to the dealer to get done. Thanks

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
wait, what? I've never heard of a dealership doing any tuning.

I thought all of the official ford options were a tuner and then you download their canned tune for you vehicle? at least that how it works with Roush chargers than things like that. all of the tuning has already been figured out and they play it safe enough that you don't need to worry about having it dyno tuned.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Yup. If your calling up Ford dealers asking if they tune, thats why. The procal tuner they just upload the software, and then document your vin so they have your vin as having a 'modded' ecu calibration.

Any reason in particular you want the Ford Procal tune? imho, I would just get a Cobb AP from one of our vendors on this forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with the Ford Performance tune because it won't effect my warranty if it is installed by a dealer. But all the dealers I called were in the dark about it. One said they'll do it just bring it in and they'll figure it out

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with the Ford Performance tune because it won't effect my warranty if it is installed by a dealer. But all the dealers I called were in the dark about it. One said they'll do it just bring it in and they'll figure it out
You can also use an ASE certified auto shop. I had the FR1 performance pack with the calibration, colder plugs, catback, and CAI installed at a performance shop for $275, while the two local dealers that would install the parts both wanted $650. Crazy!

I submitted the order and work invoice to Ford Racing the next day, and they got my warranty set up a day later.

I'd go that route if you have a place near you. Better chance they know what they're doing!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it is important to note that while it does not effect your base warranty, it does have a warranty on its own of 3YR/36k from the start of your base warranty with its own limited coverage. Meaning if the damage was found to be the result of the tune or Ford Performance components, it would revert to that warranty coverage. If you are outside the 3YR/36k but within the base powertrain warranty if it blows, you are SOL.

Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly
and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American,
Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and
registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000
miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I work at a dealership and also ASE certified. I can do that install for WAYY less, and I can get it written up so your warranty will not be an issue. I need to be offering some sidework, they are charging alot. lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
I work at a dealership and also ASE certified. I can do that install for WAYY less, and I can get it written up so your warranty will not be an issue. I need to be offering some sidework, they are charging alot. lol
What would you charge to install the Mountune mp275 tune? Not the hard parts just the tune upload, not looking to void my warranty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.