Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I haven't found a single flaw in my paint and I'm a body and paint guy and a perfectionist. You need to look for these things before you sign the papers. If there are issues they will fix it FAST and with zero hassle. They want the papers signed. You say I'm not signing until its fixed and fixed right it will be done. Did it with an 02 Taurus and an 05 Mazda 6. Both had a few very minor flaws. They were a little taken back when we wanted to leave OK the car over first. Even more that I said until those issues were fixed I wasn't signing the papers.

·
Registered
848 Posts
while in the drivers seat, I hate the fact I can see an unpainted strip on the bottom of the hood.

wtf ford?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had to have the hood repainted on my TB. Unfortunately I never took pics but there were 3 spots where it looked like someone brushed up against the paint while it was still wet. Wasn't too happy having to have my brand new car repainted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My ***** about the paint is that the door handles and (to a lesser extent) fuel door seem to not have been primered, and the color does not match the rest of the car. You can see the color of the handle material showing through the paint on the edges of the handle where the paint is apparently thinner. This is a TS car, and it kinda pisses me off.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My ***** about the paint is that the door handles and (to a lesser extent) fuel door seem to not have been primered, and the color does not match the rest of the car. You can see the color of the handle material showing through the paint on the edges of the handle where the paint is apparently thinner. This is a TS car, and it kinda pisses me off.

The mismatch of color could be that the handles and door are made of plastic. The metal flake won't lay the same as on metal. Or it could be a different color primer they used. In the 1970's gm primered some panels one color... and fischer (body by fischer is what gm door sill plates used to say) primered a different color. So there silver cars especially you could see a color mismatch.

I am also thinking that the TS is a tri coat. That is one more opertunity of getting dirt in wet paint.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm relatively lucky: small dirt spots in the hood, and some barely-noticeable spots to the rear bumper. I paid a detailer $100 to wet-sand out the spots before I got a clear bra put on it, and I'd say that was money well-spent. Still, to pay extra and get a poor paint job sucks.

·
Registered
850 Posts
1979Capri, did you end up getting the dealer to fix it?

I just found the same thing on my hood.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I really liked the 2012 Focus SE/Sport (candy met blue) I traded in on my ST.........................but, that thing had so much orange peel in it; Ford should have been embarrassed to sell it like that (I was in Iraq when I bought it......my daughter took care of the paperwork on it and picked it up from the dealer)! My ST has tiny little white specks of something all over it (invisible to a casual glance).........like it got a fine over spray mist of white paint or something. If the weather ever turns warm around here..............I'm going to see if my Meguiers cleaner/wax will take them off; if not, probably going to have to clay bar the **** thing. :disappointed:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Funny; I had blaze yellow metallic on my 2012 Focus, and I thought the paint quality was quite good. I thought TS was pretty close to that color, and it's also tricoat. We'll see...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts